Chapter 4: Caught Red-handed

You started to wake up from being knocked out. Both you and Silver Wolf were both being dragged somewhere, but it seems to be a white hallway with bright ceiling lights, with a couple of doors on the side. 2 guards were holding your arms, dragging you across the floor on your back, and the same goes for Silver Wolf, with her still being unconscious. You were dragged into one of the rooms on the right, and Silver Wolf on the left. Then, you were tied to a wooden chair as you tried to get your bearings. Your legs were tied to the chair legs, your torso was tied to the chair, and your hands were tied to the hand rests. The room was dark, with only a small hanging lamp on top of you. on the right side of the door lays a couple of weapons, including some small knifes, pliers, and brass knuckles. The 2 guards stand behind you as if waiting for their next orders. Then, a large, beefy, but well-dressed man came through the door.

"Well, well, well. Look what we have here."

It was the wealthy man shown to you during the short briefing with Silver Wolf. He touched one of the golden rings on his fingers and let out a condescending smile.

"Not often do I get to see someone actually infiltrating my hidden collection, let alone get past my guards. the security cameras didn't even pick you guys up, even though you were just walking in plain sight."

He motioned for the guards to leave and started taking off his many rings. He then put on his brass knuckles and stood in front of you, towering you as to show his dominance.

"Now boy, I'm going ask you some questions, and you'd better answer them properly."

He places his foot on one of the hand rests of the chair you're tied to, and got closer to your face.

"Who are you?"

The man asked a variety of questions, including "how did you know about the hidden collection", "where's the relic", "who hired you" etc. Of course, you don't answer any of his questions, and you took a large beating. The brass knuckles kept hitting you like a truck, but you held on and didn't say a word. After all, this is considered acceptable in comparison to the amount of bruises and cuts you get from regular missions anyway.

After a while, the beating stopped, and the man took a breather. You spat out some blood and took a breather too. You were practically on the verge of being unconscious again.

"Very well", the man said, "Seems like you're quite persistent. I like that." The man kept breathing heavily.

"I guess... I just have no choice but to ask your beautiful partner instead."