Chapter 43: Simulated Space

When you finally stopped running, you were now both looking at an empty spot of land, which seemingly was a place where some events could be held. You and Silver Wolf stared at the empty space, then you stared back at Silver Wolf.

"So... what's... over here?"

Silver Wolf looked away at a random spot, almost as if she was deep in her thoughts.

"That's right, it was a limited time event, so it's..."

You waved your hand across her face.

"Umm... Hello?"

"Okay, nevermind. Just... wear this for now." Silver Wolf pulled out a pair of glasses, similar to the one that she was wearing on top of her head. You reluctantly put them on, and Silver Wolf pulled the glasses from her head down to her eyes and started tapping away on some floating screens.

When Silver Wolf was done tapping away, an entrance to a carnival appeared on the empty space. It seems like the glasses that Silver Wolf gave you had simulated an entire carnival using some AR shenanigans.

"Okay, done. Are you seeing what I'm seeing? Is there, like, a carnival over there?" Silver Wolf asked as she pointed towards the carnival entrance.

"...Yeah. Yeah, I can see that." You're quite amazed at this kind of technology, but before you could admire it even further, your arm was grabbed by Silver Wolf again and you were dragged towards the simulated carnival's entrance.

At the ticket booth near the carnival entrance, you were handed a golden ticket, and on it says 'free-for-all'. You tried to take it, but your hand just glitched through the ticket itself, but the ticket is now gone from the ticket counter.

"Do you remember this? We were their 10,000th customers, so we got a free-for-all ticket, with a plus one!" Silver Wolf exclaimed.

"Wow, that's... quite convenient." You looked at the ticket booth.

Then, Silver Wolf proceeded to take you across the entire simulated carnival, telling you about the times where you would play the roller-coasters and bumper cars. She even showed some simulated footage of you and her playing in some of the rides. As she was mentioning about the rides, you noticed some people were glancing at the two of you, just admiring the empty space of nothing. Then, as Silver Wolf was about to show you the haunted house, you took off your glasses and rubbed your eyes.

"Look, Silver Wolf, I get what you're trying to do here, but... Is there... a better way than just, you know... showing me a bunch of holograms?"

"Oh, come on, but we're so close! Put your glasses back on, I'll show you-"

"No, Silver Wolf, I will not be putting these back on again. It's starting to hurt my eyes, and I feel my headaches coming back." You placed a palm of your hand on your forehead. Your headaches were actually coming back though, it wasn't just a play to garner for her sympathy.

Silver Wolf sighed. "Did it at least felt familiar? Or nostalgic? Anything at all?"

You were clearly a bit frustrated at this point, but you still tried giving a positive answer.

"Uh... yes? I guess? Maybe?"

Silver Wolf sighed again and placed her glasses back on her head.

"Alright, fine. But there's another place I wanna show you, not simulated. If that doesn't work, then I'll stop, is that good enough for you?"

"Umm... sure. Yeah. Whatever." you answered reluctantly.

Then, before you know it, Silver Wolf has grabbed your arm again, and dashed towards your next, and hopefully final destination.