Chapter 36: Longing For You Again

It has been a few days after the attack on the simulated universe by Silver Wolf. Silver Wolf returned to her room, exhausted but content. Her trip to Pier Point, which was the IPC's headquarters, to get back her game saves were successful, and she left with a loud bang too. Graffiti was sprayed all over the place, and she even left another virus inside their pcs, which was already the third virus she has placed.

When she sat on her chair, she slowly opened up all her save files, double-checking to see if they're all still intact and uncorrupted. As she finished individually checking all 76 of her accounts, she leaned back on her chair and breathed out a heavy sigh. Then, she went and took a look at the folder of the save files for another account of a different name, the save files of one aptly named 'CALOLO'. As she opened the folder, she stared at her screen for a bit. After that, she took a glance at the smaller PC next to her main one. It was sitting there, haven't been opened for quite a while. On the desk in front of the PC, there was also a used phone. It once belonged to Silver Wolf, but she lent it to someone else, but now that person was no longer living with her, so she took it back for safekeeping. Silver Wolf sat in silence for a while, and got up her chair.

The door to a room that hasn't been used for weeks was opened. Light shone into the dark room, with Silver Wolf's shadow covering the floor, up towards the double bed inside the room. She swiped her finger on the cupboard beside the bed, and it left a dust mark on the desk and on her finger. Then, Silver Wolf sat down on the bed of the empty room, pondering something for a while before putting on her glasses, and tapping away at her floating screens.

On board the Astral Express, everybody was still stopped at Jarilo-IV, awaiting for their next destination. To past the time, you and your friends have been doing some of the odd jobs around Belolog, such as helping a rich guy find some friends or helping some kids send supplies to the needy.

Then, as you were relaxing on the Astral Express's main hall, something came up on the corner of your eye. It was blue, and you could occasionally hear it humming and see what you can only describe as 'glitching'. The thing then started to talk.

"...Yo."

You looked over at it to get the full picture, and you saw the infamous genius hacker, Silver Wolf. Her entire appearance in the Astral Express was a bit different from seeing her in real life, but you couldn't think too much of it and got into a fighting stance.

"Relax. I'm not here to hurt you or your Astral Express friends. In fact, I'm not even here at all." Her hand tries to poke her face, but her finger went past her face. You noticed that it was just a hologram of Silver Wolf, but your guard still wasn't down.

"Then what do you want?"

Silver Wolf scoffs. "Well, if I had to make myself sound in-character, it would be to see what exactly are the Astral Express doing. 

But to be completely honest, I'm actually just here to see you." Silver Wolf was blowing some gum, even if it was just a hologram of hers.

"To see... me?" you asked in confusion as you started slowly making your way to her hologram.

"Yes. You kinda got roped into the whole Screwllum and Herta situation with me, didn't you? Not to mention you weren't looking too well before I left."

You then remembered your sudden headache back during the Simulated Universe run with Screwllum and Herta.

"...It was nothing. I'm fine now."

Silver Wolf looked at your face with one eyebrow raised.

"....Hmm? That's good then."