Chapter 34: Hard Reset, Tough Goodbyes

Silvie could be seen running across the entire spaceship, sprinting her way to the spaceship pods. Her face was filled with a terrified expression. When she reached the hallway leading up to the pods, Kafka, Sam and Blade were walking towards the exit of the pod hallways where they met with Silvie face to face. On Sam's hands were the Stellaron that they were tasked to bring back to the ship, and on Kafka's arms... was you.

Your lifeless body limped on Kafka's arms, with your arms flinging everywhere as Kafka slowly moves you toward the med bay, even though there was absolutely no way of saving you now. Not even Kafka had a smile on her face this time. 

"Wolfie... I'm sorry." Kafka tried comforting the silver haired girl, but it was of no use.

Silvie covered her hands over her mouth, and dropped down on her knees, crying on the spot. As far as everyone was concerned, you were... gone.

It has now been a couple of days after the incident. Silvie went back to her usual spot in the medbay, on the chair next to the bed where your lifeless body laid. She held your hand the same way you held hers back when she was in need of help.

"We've... just had another script meeting," Silvie said, hoping that you were still somewhere inside, able to hear everything she was saying.

"We're going to save you... and.... it's by placing the Stellaron that took your life force back inside you.

But to do that, your body needs to be... modified a little. And we don't have that kind of technology. Not on this spaceship, at least."

Silvie fixed her hair and continued.

"In a few days, we're going to infiltrate a Genius Society's Space Station, and we'll use the technology there to do the modifications.

The Antimatter Legion's going to be attacking at the same time, so we'll use the chaos to blend in."

Silvie then started to cry, but tried to hold it in.

"They said that... you're going to forget everything... about your time with us... your time with...  me..."

"But... but Kafka's gonna use her whisper thing to... help speed up the process."

"We'll meet again... but as total strangers."

Then, Silvie procured a smile on her face.

"But... as long as you're still breathing... I'm going to be happy either way."

Silvie left a kiss on your forehead, took a look at you for one last time, and let go of your hand, walking out of the medbay.

Outside the medbay while walking back to her room, Silvie was stopped by Elio, their leader.

"You did what you could've done, Silver Wolf. This is the going to be the best outcome... for all of us."

Silvie glanced at the leader with a side eye.

"...You mean for you."

As she made that statement, Silvie stormed off, still visibly trying to hold back her tears. Elio watched as she did so.

"Believe it or not... this was already the best outcome for you... Silver Wolf."

Elio looked over at your lifeless body again, before going in the direction opposite of Silvie.