Chapter 31: Where It Started To Blossom

When Silvie finally stopped running, both of you were at the entrance of what seems to be a fun carnival. Apparently, this was a limited-time event carnival that provides you with the fun activities you would see in a regular carnival, with the difference being that the rides and the games here were greatly enhanced, a hundred-fold. Silvie, with pure joy on her face, took your hand and went inside.

You both went up to a counter and the ticket booth gave a free-for-all ticket, which basically means you could play with the rides and the games forever, until you're satisfied. Apparently You were their 10000th customer that day, with a plus one if available. Well, isn't that lucky?

So, with the tickets in hand, you and Silvie went and got on all of the rides, such as the bumper cars, the roller coaster, the large swing where it flings you in circles on a metal chair etc. Then, as you were walking by the carnival looking for another ride to get on, Silvie noticed a haunted house and was shaking your hand and pointing to it.

"Oh! Oh! Let's try the haunted house!"

You looked at the people exiting the haunted house, and for some reason their faces were dull and bored. they didn't give out the feeling of a good scare, in fact, they seemed quite relieved that they were finally out.

"I don't know, Silvie, I have a bad feeling about this..."

Then, before you could finish, you looked at the short silver-haired girl by your chest and she was staring at you with killer eyes.

You sighed, and both of you went in the haunted house.

During the haunted house tour, you kept walking for hours, or at least it felt like it had been hours, where nothing actually happened. But Silvie was quite invested into the haunted house, seemingly looking around with a scared expression. Then, out of nowhere, a jumpscare finally happened, and it was the most unscariest ghost you have ever witnessed in your entire life. You bet that if you brought Sam with you, or even Blade for that matter, the haunted house employees would've been scared of them instead. However, Silvie seemed to be terrified at the ghost that jumpscared her, and held onto your arm, screaming with her eyes closed.

"Kyahhhhhhhhhh~!"

Then, after that first jumpscare, Silvie has been holding on to your arm for the entirety of the haunted house tour. As the minutes went by, you could slowly feel just which section of your right arm was touching which section of her body, with her left arm holding on to your bicep, while her right arm holding onto your forearm. Your entire arm was positioned between her body, and with every movement, either by you or by Silvie, you could feel the lumps from her chest squeezing in on your arm, with the back of your hand touching her tummy from every turn.

Then, as the haunted house tour ended, Silvie was still terrified and kept holding on to your arm, while you were blushing so goddamn hard, only seeing Blade naked in a bathrobe would cure you from your red face. Then, Silvie noticed another fun ride, and held onto the palm of your hands to run towards the ride this time. In any normal situation, this kind of handholding technique would've made you unable to function, but from what just happened with her holding on to your entire arm, this was now considered acceptable.

As you and Silvie arrived at the place, it was the starting point of a ride called the 'tunnel of love'.

"Ooooh, this seems quite fun, don't you think?"

You stared at the nameplate of the ride, unable to say anything.

"Y-Yeah, sure."

Then, an employee came by and introduced you two about the ride.

"We have 2 kinds of rides: a 'couples' route and a 'married couples' route. The married couples route would be a bit more expensive, but would be a lot more fun than the regular couples route. Which would you two prefer?"

Before you could say anything, Silvie held onto your arm again.

"Oh, we're already married, So of course we're taking the married couples route!"

You looked towards Silvie's face.

"Isn't that right, 'Mr. Wolfe'?" Silvie's angry pout face resurfaced again. So, you had no choice but to give in to her demands again for the nth time today. Both of you showed the free-for-all ticket and went ahead with the boat ride.

Once you got on, the boat automatically started to move into the dark tunnel shaped like a heart, and it showed a lot of... whatever tunnel of loves show to couples. But since it was the 'married couples' route, it was pretty intense, with some roller coaster elements along the ride too.

During a more calmer section of the ride, you tried calming down to properly process what just happened and what you were doing right now. You looked towards the girl beside you, and...

She seemed like she was having the best time of her life. You have never seen her this happy before, not even when she had beaten a difficult boss in a game, or whenever she rolled for a good item in a gacha game. You could feel her smile piercing through to your heart, and her laugh was filled with pure joy. Her movements were similar to that of a little kid, seeing something new for the first time.

With that scene in your head, you can't help but give out a smile yourself.

You saw her hand placed on the seat of the love boat, and you reached out to grab it. Your giant palm covered hers, and you placed your fingers in between hers and tightening them, interlocking your fingers with hers in the process.

Silvie stopped looking at whatever she was looking around the tunnel, and looked at you with a surprised face. Then, she gave you a side eye with a smug smile.

"What are you doing, hmmmmmm?"

You got taken aback from her smile again, and you avoided eye contact, with your head still facing hers.

"Nothing, just..."

Then, you looked directly into her dark blue eyes.

"...you look really beautiful today. More beautiful than ever."

Silvie got taken aback and had a little blush on her cheek, avoiding eye contact with you. Her smug smile disappeared and was now replaced with an embarrassed expression.

"Th-...... Thanks. I guess."

You chuckled.

After that, you pointed at something you saw on the tunnel of love, and got closer to Silvie to point out what you saw. Silvie turned her head to where you were pointing, and the rest of the tour with the tunnel of love continued on like this. As time went by inside the tunnel, you could feel Silvie tightening up her fingers, interlocking your fingers with hers even more now.