Chapter 46: Friendly Introductions

In order to make sure this mission goes as stealthy as possible, the Astral Express has triggered its cloaking mode to hide it from potential spaceships that might see it when coming in or out of Punklorde. After scanning for a perfect spot to send the crew, the Astral Express's beam teleporter beamed the 4 of you towards the planet, one by one. The spot that was picked was located in a much more urban area, miles away from the nearest city-like structures. You were beamed after everybody else, and once you got there, you could see that there weren't much buildings nearby, and it was all just barren land, with no sign of life in sight. As you noticed March, Dan Heng and Himeko ushering you to quickly follow behind them, you jogged towards them and continued your infiltration into the city.

After about 30 minutes of walking, you finally saw some buildings, although they were all small and worn down. Some of the buildings were shop lots, and the ones that were opened had a neon sign, lighting up the entire road. Of course, there were street lights, but you highly doubt that there's still electricity running through to this far out of the city.

"Urghh, finally, some buildings! I was getting kinda bored of all of that nothing," March said while stretching her arms.

Dan Heng took a look around to find if there were any signs of intelligent life. "Our guards should be higher than ever, now that we've reached the borders of Rainbow City. You never know what kind of people could be lurking behind those alleys."

"Dan Heng's right. Stay alert, everybody." Himeko said as she continued walking in front.

"Jeez, now that you guys mentioned it, it is quite scary here..." March frantically looked around, and quickly quickened her pace.

You were now walking behind everybody, still walking at a usual pace. However, as you peered towards a single dark alleyway while walking in the middle of the road, some visions appeared in your mind, and you were hit with a headache. You grunted in pain as you held your head and crouched down on the ground.

In the vision, you could see yourself running on a sidewalk of a dark town-like area, and then you took a break at an entrance to a dark alleyway, which closely resembled the one that you saw. You placed your hand on the wall and peered into the dark alleyway. Afterwards, as you were about to run again, something hit you on the back of your head, and the visions stopped right there.

March, who was walking in front of you, heard your grunting and looked back. She saw you crouched on the ground and ran over to check up on you.

"Hey, are you okay? What's wrong?" March asked. When she did so, Himeko and Dan Heng turned back to see what was going on.

Your head was still hurting, but you tried to reassure everyone that you were okay. "It's okay, March. Just a little headache."

Even though March believed you, she still had a worried expression on her face. However, before she could ask if you were actually okay, there was a sudden change in the surroundings. It almost felt like... somebody was watching you all. March, Himeko and Dan Heng immediately started to look around, sensing danger coming from all sides. They all pulled out their weapons, with you still on the ground, only just starting to look around now. Then, almost 10-20 people started to show up on top of the buildings, appearing out of the alleyways, and even on the road in front of them. 

As you looked on top of the roofs of one of the buildings, you could see a silhouette of a man. There seems to be a mohawk on his head, and you could see a red glow coming out of his right eye. Then, more visions started to form as you got another huge headache again.

In this vision, you see yourself being cuffed on the ground, with a man with bright red hair in a mohawk standing in front of you. He was speaking about something with you, but you couldn't figure out or clearly hear what it was. Then, something that seems to resemble a wanted poster rolled out of the hands of the person next to the red mohawk guy, but you couldn't see the person on the wanted poster. Next thing you know, you were laying on the ground, with the red mohawk guy picking your head up by your hair and threatening you about something, as your vision abruptly ended.

When your mind was clear from the headaches and visions, you could see Himeko, Dan Heng and March fighting off the hordes of men that's attacking them, with March shooting her arrows towards the people on top of the buildings with her back turned against you. Then, you started to stand up as you summoned your bat, ready to fight alongside them. However, you could feel something blunt hit you on your head, and you passed out immediately as you felt some people drag you away from the scene.