Chapter 51: Rough Arrival

Somewhere inside the city, Himeko, March and Dan Heng are sprinting across the vast roads to try and locate you. They've been running for an hour or 2, with them stopping for occasional breaks. Then, Welt contacted them on their earpieces.

"Guys, I'm picking up his signal again. Looks like he finally turned on his phone."

Himeko, Dan Heng and March stopped in their tracks to confirm what was being told to them.

"Where is he? Is he still moving?" Himeko asked.

"He's stopped moving for now. Sending his location to your phones."

Then, the three of them opened up their phones to check the location Welt sent them. March noted something about the location.

"Hey... isn't that-"

"...Seems like it." Dan Heng said.

"Alright, you two. Let's get a move on. It's gonna be a long climb." Himeko said as she dashed towards her objective.

Afterwards, the three of them headed towards the center of Rainbow City, where the tallest building in the city could be found.

Meanwhile, in the shadows behind Himeko, Dan Heng and March, there were two men that were dressed like cyberpunk raiders. They were panting as they watched the three of them ran towards the tower.

"Chandler... I think... we can call back to the boss now... right?"

"I... I think so, Des..."

In the further edges of the city, but not too far away, stood a man with bright red hair donning a mohawk, and an electronic right eye. He hung up a call on his phone, and let out a condescending laugh.

"Get Ol' Bentley up. She's gonna need a warm up for this one." Rewind said as he motioned for his right hand man. The right hand man immediately went ahead with the preparations for something large.

On the top of the tallest building in Rainbow City, you stood by the rooftops of the building, looking up to the sky. You weren't looking at the city lights or gazing at the stars, but looking for something to appear out of the purple night sky. Then, in the corner of your eye, you could see something bright, and you could see that it was getting bigger and bigger by the minute. You stared at the thing, and eventually you got to see the general shape of the item in the sky. It was round, and you could see some shiny reflections off the sides, almost like it was made out of reflective metal. After the item had broken through the atmosphere of the planet, it stopped shining and you could see the entire thing clearly now. It was a spaceship pod, one that resembles the pods back on the Stellaron Hunter's spaceship. Once you confirmed who it was, you smiled with relief.

Suddenly, a blast could be seen shooting towards the pod, and the hit made the pod explode on one side. The side of the pod that was shot at was caught on fire, and the trajectory of the pod was now off by a large degree, but still much higher above the air than you. As you witnessed something so gruesome happen in front of you and couldn't see anything pop out of the emergency exits, you immediately started to panic and got really worried. You tried calling Silver Wolf's phone, but she wasn't picking up. Then, you saw that wherever the first blast was shot at was still shooting towards the general vicinity of the pod, but they're missing each shot. So, without thinking, you immediately summoned the Stellaron, placed all the power into your legs, and jumped towards the direction of the falling pod.

a couple of blocks away from the gigantic tower in the middle of the city, Himeko, Dan Heng and March could feel a small shockwave coming from the top of the tower. Then, as they looked up, they could see a small yellow glow launching towards some smoke in the sky. Himeko immediately asked Welt about the situation.

"A spaceship pod broke through the planet's atmosphere, and it caught on fire. He's jumped towards the burning pod... and it looks like they're being shot at. Their shots are big enough that I could see them from the satellites."

"The chances of those shots hitting him are pretty high, right?" Dan Heng noted.

"H-Huh?! Then, should we go and stop it? The blasts??" March asked in a slightly panicked state.

"Don't worry, you two. Welt, do you see the place where the shots are originating from?"

"Yeah. You want me to prep the cannon?"

"Just the EMP one. One concentrated beam should be enough."

"Okay, I'm gonna need a minute."

"Meanwhile, the team on the ground shall make their way up the tower. If our friend managed to get out of the crossfire safely, he'd land by the nearest ground he could find."

Dan Heng and March gave small nods to Himeko's commands, and continued sprinting towards the tower.

Meanwhile, somewhere by the edges of the city, Rewind could be seen manning a gigantic laser cannon, aiming it at the falling pod. As the pod's trajectory was now random, Rewind had a hard time aiming at it perfectly, so he started randomly shooting the cannon in between 5 second intervals.

"Hehehehe.... that bounty's finally going to be MINE!!"

Then, as he was about to shoot another shot, the cannon powered down. The area around them in a 100 mile radius was affected with a power outage, and not just the power, some of Rewind's gang's electronic implants had power down too, along with Rewind's right eye. Seems like Welt's EMP beam made it in time before something bad happened again. Rewind then let out a blood-curling scream, as he ended up getting the short end of the stick again.