Chapter 14: A Treasure Hunting Quest

You got out of the bed and got dressed. Your injuries weren't that bad anymore. It also seemed like you had been on that bed for a couple of days now. Your first instinct as you woke up was to go look for Silver Wolf. You've haven't had a proper gaming session with her for the past month already, ever since you started going on the mission. You headed over to her room and knocked on the door.

"Silver Wolf? It's me. I'm fine now. Open up. I wanna hop on Yenshin."

No response. You knocked on the door again.

"Silver Wolf? Are you in there?"

You knocked on the door a couple of times before accidentally pushing her door open. It seemed like she didn't close her door properly.

You opened the door to find that the room was empty. Well, empty as in Silver Wolf wasn't in there. The monitors on her pc were still on, with the cams of the stadium and information about the previous mission still on screen. The lights were still on, and some of Silver Wolf's personal stuff, like her phone or her going-outside clothes were gone. You find that to be a bit weird, but regardless, you started searching for Silver Wolf across the entire spaceship.

You went around every nook and cranny, calling out to Silver Wolf, hoping she would be there. Your search ranged between a room where a bunch of stolen stuff were stored, to Sam's personal bathroom (Of course, it would be concerning if you actually did  find Silver Wolf in there, but you didn't, so crisis averted, problem continued). You also asked Blade and Sam about her whereabouts as you met them, but they said that they haven't seen her in quite some time. They assumed that she was just in her room the entire time, and you can't really blame them for that.

As you were searching the cafeteria for the third time, you saw Kafka again. Seems like she was enjoying some fine wine while eating dinner.

"Oh, hello dear. Surprised to see you out and about already."

"Kafka, have you seen Silver Wolf? She's not in her room, and I can't find her anywhere," you asked in a slightly panicked tone.

Kafka shook her wine glass lightly.

"Oh, that girl?" Kafka scoffed. "She took off. Not sure where though, she didn't tell anyone."

Your eyes widened in shock.

"When... when did this happened?!"

"She left almost right after you were brought into the med bay. Shouting about how the job was 'unfair' and 'selfish'. Counting today, that would've made it about a week."

You took a few steps back, and took your time to process what you were just told.

Kafka sighed. "That girl, acting so childish at such trivial things. That's why you can't bring your emotions into this job. There are rules to be followed and goals to be made."

"NO!!"

You couldn't take it anymore. Silver Wolf's... missing? Gone??? How could Kafka still be so calm and nonchalant about it? Does she not care about her teammates??? No... you can't let this happen just like that. You have to find her. What if she gets into trouble? What if she already IS in trouble? You can't hold your thoughts in anymore. You HAVE to find her. You HAVE to make sure she's safe.

"You... You're WRONG!" You faced away from the cold woman, who's smile has yet to leave her face.

"The job doesn't dictate everything we do!"

You started to walk towards the exit of the cafeteria.

"Yes, it's true that sometimes having goals give meaning to our lives, and the rules are here to keep us in check..."

You turned back to face Kafka, with determination in your eyes, staring right back at hers.

"But goals are meant to be changed, and RULES ARE MADE TO BE BROKEN!!!"

You stormed off towards the spaceship pods and prepped one for launch. You pulled out the gadget that Silver Wolf gave you, hoping it would give away her location. Luckily, it seems like she has her gadget turned on, perhaps she activated it before she went off, possibly to make sure the Stellaron Hunters, or more specifically Kafka, still knew where she was, even though she was gone. You plugged the coordinates of the device into the spaceship pod and launched away, hoping that there's enough fuel to reach Silver Wolf, wherever she was. 

Back in the cafeteria, Kafka was looking down at her wine glass, before taking another sip. Later, Blade came into the cafeteria, seemingly heard everything that just happened. He stood by the cafeteria door's door frame, and expressed his thoughts to Kafka.

"That was the first time the boy ever defied you."

Kafka looked back down at her glass of wine.

"...It sure was."

Blade looked over to the distance. "...Was this still part of Elio's script?"

There was silence for about 3 seconds.

"Well now, Bladie..."

Kafka placed down her wine glass and looks towards Blade's direction.

"How would I know what Elio's planning?"

Blade scoffed, and both of them stood by the cafeteria in silence.