Chapter 17: Return to Sender

You gulped. The sudden threat coming from Rewind with the knife by your throat made you realize that you were still cuffed and on the ground, with your life partially in the hands of your kidnappers. Then, Rewind took away his knife.

"Hmph. Thought so." He put away his knife. "Like I said, you don't seem to be from around here, so what brings you here, to Rainbow City?"

You answered with a serious tone.

"I'm just looking for a friend. I don't want any trouble here."

"Ooooh. Looking for someone, eh? Well, me and my crew are looking for someone too. Don't suppose you've seen this little lady around? Heard she's returned from her "Stellaron Hunting". Can't blame a girl for getting homesick."

One of Rewind's lackeys rolled open what seems to be a wanted poster, with a bounty of a sizeable amount. On the wanted poster was a girl with silver hair, with a black and blue jacket on. She seems to also be blowing on some gum.

 She seems to also be blowing on some gum

[ credit: https://images.app.goo.gl/pFyLVmc8mNfu5YE67 ]

"Silver Wolf..." you whispered underneath your breath, but Rewind seems to have heard it, and his face turned into rage.

"So you ARE after the girl!"

"What? N-No, I-"

Rewind kicks you by the shoulder and you fall to the ground, with your face on the concrete floor. Rewind bends down and holds your head up by pulling your hair.

"Listen, buddy. That bounty is MINE, and MINE ALONE. Since this is my turf, I don't want it to get messy, so let this be a warning to you, your employer, your leader, or whoever that's hired you."

He pushes your head back down to the ground.

"If I see anyone trying to hunt this girl down other than me, I will not hesitate to put you down." Rewind motions some of his lackeys to come here with his hands. "You two, take care of him. Make sure he gets the message." He hands a remote to one of the lackeys. You reckon it's the remote for your electronic cuffs. Then, the two lackeys, each holding one of your arms, drags you out of the back alley and are making your way out of the city.

In the middle of walking you out of the city, one of the lackeys suddenly dropped you to the ground. 

"Yo Chandler, what're you doing?"

"I'm bored, Des."

"What?"

"It's been months ever since the boss decided to hunt for that hacker girl, and we've haven't had any fun ever since."

"...oooh. So, you're saying..."

"We do gotta make sure he gets the message."

Chandler smirked. Then, he pulled out the remote he got from Rewind and held it close to your face while you were sitting on the ground.

"Do you know what this is? It's the remote for your shackles you got on your hands there. We're supposed to just bring you out of this city and let you go with a small 'warning', but..."

He pressed on a button on the remote. A small shock went across your body through the cuffs. You let out a small grunt from the pain and laid back down on your back on the floor.

The two lackeys started walking towards you, little by little, laughing as they do. They were about to torture you so badly; or so they thought. Little did they know, their biggest mistake was not tying your legs together as well.

Once the guy with the remote walked past your feet, you leg-swiped him from the front with a twirl and he fell face-first into the ground. He dropped the remote and it landed in front of your face. You used your head to press the release button of the cuffs, and the electronic cuffs opened, freeing your hands. The guy on the ground looked up in fear, while the other was still in shock as you slowly stood back up, rubbing your fingers on your wrists. 

Then, in the blink of an eye, the two lackeys were now cuffed together on a side railing, unconscious, while you were already long gone, heading back towards the city.