Chapter 48: Mechanical Danger

Ever since you split up with your friends, you've just been running nonstop for the past... not sure how long it was already. As you kept running, all the corners and roads started to look more and more familiar, with each turn making your visions much more clearer. Then, at one point, you stopped to catch your breath again. As much as these roads may look familiar, you're still nowhere close to where you think you're going. 

As you were panting on the side of the road, you notice that the building's conditions are a lot better, unlike the conditions of the buildings you saw back at the far edges of the city. The road lights were working, and you could see some people around the area, just minding their own business. Although, some of them did notice you and stared at you as you took a break. After all, it was quite rare for  an outworlder to be this far out of the city.

Then, you had another vision again, but this time, the visions didn't feel like yours. It was blurry, and you could hear some people talking in front of you. You could feel immense power coursing through your body, and it was as if the people standing in front of you were feeding it to you. The faces of the people were blurry, and your visions ended before you could understand what it meant.

Suddenly, you felt a sense of danger coming your way. You summoned your bat, and blocked a laser shot coming from you at the top of a building. You jumped back towards the middle of the road, and got in a fighting stance. Then, you saw a figure appearing on the top of the building in front of you.

The figure was tall, and each move that they made was accompanied by a robotic sound. Then, the figure started to let out a robotic voice.

"Stellaron detected. Permission to engage."

"what?" you whispered underneath your breath. Seems like they know about the Stellaron inside you.

"Permission granted."

The figure then jumped down the building, and you could finally see its entire body underneath the road lights.

It was a robot with human-like features, such as arms, legs and a torso. its face was a flat piece of metal, void of any facial features. On its right hand, you could see a sword handle, and a sword blade shot out from the handle. The blade was in the shape of a katana. Then, it suddenly charged towards you, ready for a fight.

You and the robotic ninja got into a sword-bat fight, with you dodging or blocking every single swing of their katana, with the robot doing the same with your bat. After a long-winded battle, you finally came out on top, and stood victorious against the mysterious robot, with its robotic head on your hand before its systems shut down.

You took a look at the robotic head, wondering what made this thing try and hunt for you, and how it knew you had a Stellaron within you. However, before you could properly understand your circumstances, you could hear some silent movement sounds across the rooftops of the buildings, with each move sounding closer to you by the second. You reckon that there might be a couple of other robotic ninjas coming your way, so you continued your sprint towards your unknown destination, dodging the gazes of your pursuers as you did so.