Chapter 12: Neglect vs Attention

In the middle of the all out war between you and Kafka against 2 entire crime families, came a timeout. At this point, about 100 men had fallen to your fists and Kafka's blade, and you were in a fighting stance, taking huge breaths. You were so tired that it felt like if you hadn't slept for 3 days, and was forcing your eyes to open. Kafka was standing still, katana and gun in hand, ready for more. She showed zero signs of fatigue, and seems like she could go on forever. It was almost as if she's done this her entire life, in which case is totally the truth.

"Kafka, bad news," Silver Wolf said, with a camera pointing towards the massacre.

"I did a head count for the family heads, and not all of them are present. I've been searching for them the entire time since the start of the negotiations, but didn't have any info until just now. Seems like they're making a run for it. I'm sending you the coordinates."

Kafka looked around the stadium as Silver Wolf gave her the co-ords. Silver Wolf suddenly made a realization.

"Kafka, don't leave him here to deal with this alone. You know he's-"

Before Silver Wolf could finish her sentence, Kafka triggered her spirit whisper on you.

"Listen, leave no one alive."

Silver Wolf was audibly shocked.

"What?!?"

Then, Kafka jumped out and away from the warzone, heading towards the destinations that Silver Wolf sent her.

"Kafka, what did you do?!"

Silver Wolf starts trying to get your attention.

"Hey, can you hear me?!"

Silver Wolf tried to get to you, but you couldn't respond. After all, once affected by Kafka's spirit whisper, only by fulfilling the job would get you out of the trance. But this was no ordinary job though, a 1 versus 600 fight had just too little odds. And so, you did what Kafka told you to do: fight.

The horde of men started rushing towards you, and you start to pummel them, with each punch holding the strength of 10 men, thanks to the unyielding power of the spirit whisper. The horde starts to swarm on you after some time, with each hit to your body hurting you in unimaginable ways. Bear in mind that the crime family goons even had weapons on them, just blunt weapons like baseball bats and wooden planks, but you only had your fists to your name.

Unable to bear witness to what was happening to you, Silver Wolf deployed some of the weapons she placed around the stadium, gunning down some of the men with her gattling guns. They made a small dent right before they were destroyed, but it was still not enough. They were still swarming on you like crazy.

"Hang on, I'm coming for you!"

Silver Wolf screamed at her earpiece, hoping that whatever she said could somehow get past the brainwashing and reach out to you. Then, she grabbed her own weapons, went into a spaceship pod and dashed to your location.

As she reached the stadium, she activated the pod's weapon system. See, this was no ordinary pod, this was Silver Wolf's personal specially upgraded pod. It had multiple upgrades a regular pod does not, and one of the upgrades include a circular laser that fires below the pod, spreading out as far as it possibly can. After the laser was activated, almost 80% of the stadium's men were obliterated by this laser. the only people left alive were the ones still swarming you, and even though Silver Wolf tried to find where you were, she couldn't. The only thing she could see was a horde of men hitting what seems to be someone on the ground.

As the pod was hovering above the stadium, Silver Wolf got out of the pod and started shooting the horde with her special weapon that acts as both a laser gun and a sword.

After the attention was shifted to Silver Wolf, the horde quickly got gunned down by her weapon, and also the automated firing system designed by her on the pod. Not long after that, Silver Wolf's gun fired its last shot, and everything went silent.