Chapter 52: Unprecedented Reunion, Unexpected Retirement

You're now in mid-air, with the force from your launch from the tower still lunging you towards the smoking pod. During your mid-air launch, you could see some laser blasts pass by you a couple times, but it has stopped after a while when you didn't notice. Then, after a couple seconds, you've finally reached the falling pod and grabbed on to the non-burning side, with your hands and feet digging into the metal of the pod for grip.

The force exerted by you on the pod has made it started to spin, but your grip was pretty tight, and you slowly positioned yourself to see through the glass window from the non-burning side. When you peered into the windows, you could see Silver Wolf in her seatbelt on the control panel's seat, but she seems to be knocked unconscious. Thankfully there doesn't seem to be any injuries or burns on her, and there were still a couple of inches between her seat and the part of the pod that was burning.

Then, after summoning the Stellaron again, you concentrated the energy onto your hands, and broke the window to get inside the pod. In one swift movement, you dashed inside, ripped apart the seat that Silver Wolf was on, with Silver Wolf still attached to the seat, and flew out of the pod from the burning side through the smoke. After that, you toggled the emergency button on the seat and a parachute opened, where you guided it towards the top of the tower and landed safely on the grounds of the roof of the building. 

After both of you had landed, you proceed to rip out the seatbelts that were keeping Silver Wolf intact, and proceeded to shake her entire body, trying to wake her up.

After a couple of shakes, you could see Silver Wolf slowly opening her eyes. As she did so, the worried expression that you had on your face dissipated, and was now filled with a smile of relief. Then, without thinking, you embraced her while she was still on the seat. Silver Wolf was surprised at your reaction, but held her arms around your shoulders too.

But after a few seconds, you could feel some sort of squeeze across your neck. It seems like Silver Wolf was starting to tighten her arms around your neck just a little too much.

"S-Silvie? You... You're hurting me a bit..."

Then, as it kept getting harder to breathe, you instinctively pushed away Silver Wolf's hands across your neck and moved away from her just a little bit. As you were gasping for breath, you could feel a strong kick towards your stomach, making you fall backwards on your back. Silver Wolf then proceeds to sit on your body, and laying down a couple of weak punches towards your face. You tried blocking them with your hands, but Silver Wolf just placed them aside and continued punching you for a while, with an angry look on her face. Then, her punches started to get weaker and weaker, and you held your hands aside to see some tears coming out from her eyes, with her angry face almost transitioning to a sad one. Afterwards, she placed her forehead on your chest.

"I... I thought I lost you for good... You were gone for so long... and i was..." You didn't see her face, but you could hear from the tone of Silver Wolf's voice that she's already tearing up. You sat your back up from the ground and hugged her, making sure that there weren't any distance between you and her.

"I know... I'm sorry, Silvie... I'm so so so  sorry.

But... I'm here now. So let's just be together, from today onwards okay?"

Silver Wolf didn't have a vocal response, but just nodded her head while still being hugged by you. However, your touching moment was cut short by the sound of a door opening coming from the tower roof exit, and March, Dan Heng and Himeko burst through the door, with their weapons out and ready for a fight.

"Let him go, Silver Wol- eh??" March yelled, but stopped midway when she noticed that it was actually the other way around.

When they busted open the door, you and Silver Wolf looked towards the direction of the door, and as your friends took up a fighting stance, Silver Wolf just smirked and stood back up. You also stood up after she got up from sitting on your body, and defended Silver Wolf by placing a hand in front of her.