Chapter 42: Deja Vu...?

When you landed on a planet with just a single hotel on it, you had a pin placed underneath your collar and got dragged to the reception area, with the silver haired girl pulling on your arm. She seemed to have a different face, but it was still the girl you know, nonetheless. As you checked in, Silver Wolf immediately started to head for the rooms that were reserved beforehand, possibly by Silver Wolf herself. Then, she pulled you into your room first and told you to sit inside the pool.

"Huh? ...okay, but just let me-"

"Do NOT take your clothes off. Just get in the pool."

"Wh- Why???"

"Don't ask questions, just do it." Silver Wolf said as she made her way out of the room, possibly to head towards her own. "Lay on the pool and relax, okay? And don't move once you're in there, I'll come find you." She closed the door behind her as she walked out.

You sighed as you started questioning your life choices. First you were kidnapped by one of the people who were considered as an enemy by your current faction, only to just learn that you were actually part  of the enemy faction, and you were also in a relationship with one of the people in the enemy faction, not to mention that you DIED and was REVIVED but lost your memories, and now, you're being told to get in a pool of weird, glowing water with your clothes on. Now that you put that all into perspective, maybe getting your clothes wet isn't all that bad anymore. So, like Silver Wolf said, you got into the pool, and relaxed.

When you woke up, bright warm lights filled your vision. The sky was dark, but the lights were so bright that it felt like it was still daytime anyway. As you got up, you took a look at your surroundings, and you notice that you're in the middle of what seems to be a large city. Hundreds of other people can be seen walking around the place, all of them wearing clothes and accessories that were only obtainable through large sums of money. As you keep looking around the area, it was clear that it was no place for a common man, but for the rich and wealthy folks. You also have this strange feeling that you've been here before.

However, before you could really soak all of this fantastic view in, you felt a ping from your phone. Apparently, phones still work in this dream world, but somehow you knew that already. You opened the notification to see what it was, and you see a message from an anonymous user.

"dont move. am coming"

You'd guess that it was Silver Wolf. So, you found a bench to sit on as you wait for Silver Wolf's arrival.

After a while, you saw a short girl with silver hair running towards your direction, before stopping to catch her breath while panting in front of you. Apparently she's taken off her disguise. You stood up as if to welcome her to wherever you were.

"Okay, so... where're we going now?"

"Does... Does this place look... familiar?" Silver Wolf said, still trying to catch her breath.

You looked around to take another look at the bright lights and the busy crowd.

"Hmmm... I... guess so? I mean, it doesn't exactly feel... strange to me? Like... Like something I'd see in a dream, or something like that."

Silver Wolf kept panting, but she had a little smile on her face.

"Hah... Okay... this might work..."

You looked at her with a slightly worried expression.

"You... okay?"

Then, Silver Wolf maintained her composure and stood back straight.

"...Yeah, I'm good now. But we don't have time to lose."

Silver Wolf grabbed your arm, and started sprinting towards somewhere else.

In just a flash, you and Silver Wolf were now both in a restaurant, sitting at one of their sofa tables. She has ordered a Hundred-layered cake for herself, and she also ordered a Mr. Herring's Lemon Tart for you. You stared at the eyes of the fish. wondering if it's also staring back at yours.

"Have you tried it yet? Your dish?" Silver Wolf said as she took a couple bites of her cake

"Erm... no... not yet." You tried to contain your face of disgust to yourself.

"Mmmm, mine's so good though! Here, try it." Silver Wolf took a spoonful of her cake and placed it in front of your face, as if she was trying to feed you. However, you've lost your appetite just from looking at the fish on your dish.

"...Ermmm, no thanks. I'm actually... kinda full right now." Your look made you look like you were weirded out by what was happening.

Then, Silver Wolf let out an angry face, put down her spoon, grabbed your arm and ran out of the restaurant. You kept mentioning that you both haven't paid the bill, but Silver Wolf didn't seem to be listening and kept running towards wherever she was heading now.