Chapter 30: First Hour

When you opened your eyes, bright warm lights filled your vision. The sky was dark, but the lights were so bright that it felt like it was still daytime anyway. As you got up, you took a look at your surroundings, and you notice that you're in the middle of what seems to be a large city. Hundreds of other people can be seen walking around the place, all of them wearing clothes and accessories that were only obtainable through large sums of money. As you keep looking around the area, it was clear that it was no place for a common man, but for the rich and wealthy folks.

Then, you felt a ping from your phone. Apparently, phones still work in this dream world. You opened the notification to see what it was, and you see Silvie shared you a location along with a text message.

"come find me"

Not only does your phone still works, there's still active signal usage too. As you headed over to the location Silvie sent you, you wonder if you should be thanking the dream world designers or your phone company's signal services for the amazing phone reception.

As you were nearing the location, you double checked your phone again. Then, someone called for you nearby.

"Hey, over here!"

You perked your chin up and saw someone waving for you. The girl was slowly making her way towards you. It wasn't Silvie, but that face seemed a little familiar. Then, you remembered, and chuckled.

"You know, it's quite hard to spot you when you have the face of someone else," you said.

"Ooooooh, wait. I forgot to disable that for you. Hang on for a minute." Silvie turned back from you and pulled down some floating screens. After some quick tapping, she turned back to you. Her face was now visible, and you don't see the disguise anymore.

"There. Do you see my actual face now?"

"Oh, there you are, Silvie! Was wondering where you went." You said in a joking tone. Silvie didn't laugh though.

"Ha ha. Very funny."

Then, you looked around the area Silvie was in.

"This is such a beautiful place."

"I know, right? Now come on. Let's look around." Silvie held your arm and went jogging away. You got pulled along as she did so.

At a dining place, you and Silvie ordered some food, sitting on a table connected to a sofa, where both of you sat on, side by side. Since in Penacony's dreamscape you do not feel full, you're able to eat as much as you wanted. Both yours and Silvie's first plate of food arrived. You ordered a 'Mr. Herring's Lemon Tart', while SIlvie ordered a Hundred-layered cake. Silvie took a bite out of her food, and let out a soothing voice of euphoria.

 Silvie took a bite out of her food, and let out a soothing voice of euphoria

[ artwork credit: https://en.ac-illust.com/clip-art/24034037/fine-dining-restaurant-with-night-view ]

"Mmmmmmm, so goood~"

"I know, right?" You took a bite out of your dish as well. Then, Silvie took a spoonful of her dish, and held the spoon closer and closer to your face.

"Here, try some of mine, Ahhhh~"

You, being taken aback by her assertiveness, moved your face away from the spoon as she kept moving the spoon closer to your mouth. When she saw you moving away, she retracted her spoon and let out a pouty face.

"...You know, when a girl's offering to feed you her food, you're supposed to open your mouth, right?"

Upon hearing that, you started to blush.

"I.... I was just a bit surprised, is all."

"Do you mind my saliva on the spoon?"

"N-No..."

"Then what's the problem?" Her pouty face turned a little bit angrier.

"N-No! No problem at all..." you replied shyly while opening your mouth.

"Hihi! Good boy." Her face turned back into pure joy, and she fed you the cake with her used spoon. You chewed on the food, still blushing.

"So...? How was the food?" Silvie looked at you and asked you the question as she leaned a bit closer to you.

At this point, you were scared she would be angry if you moved away again, so you kept still as she approached danger levels of closeness with your body.

"I-I-It was very good... very delicious." You answered shyly again, looking away from Silvie.

"Hihihi! Glad you liked it too!" Silvie pulled back from you with a teeth showing smile, and continued munching down on her food. You were sitting next to her covering your beet red face, still too embarrassed to do anything.

Then, as both of you finished eating, you paid the bill using the money taken from the free money machine and exited the restaurant. Then, Silvie noticed something, grabbed you by the hand and sprinted away to whatever she saw.