Chapter 35: Welcome Aboard The Astral Express!

How long has it been? Weeks? Months? You recalled back to when you were given life by a woman. You knew her name was Kafka, but that was all you remembered. And the last words of this woman that you remembered was:

"Listen: someone will come and find you very soon, just go with them. You won't remember a thing except me..."

 She also mumbled something else underneath her breath, but you don't really remember what it was. After that, you were rescued by 2 young adults that were members of the Astral Express: One was talkative and easy-going, while the other is cold and calculating. After you saved Herta's Space Station from being destroyed by the Doomsday Beast, you decided to join the Astral Express on the trail of Akivili the Trailblaze. Ever since that day, you're now an astute member of the Astral Express, and went on missions across the cosmos, getting rid of the Cancer of Worlds across multiple planets.

Or at least, that's what you were going to do, but as of right now, you've only went to 1 planet and saved it from their own never-ending snow, and right now, the Astral Express is taking a break in Jarilo-VI, awaiting the conductor to choose your next destination.

In the meantime, there was nothing else for you guys to do now; March is still taking tons of pictures down at Belolog, and Dan Heng's content in just staying in the data bank all day. How does one stay in the same room doing the same thing for hours on end without being bored, you wondered.

Then, as you were laying on your bed just scrolling through your phone, you got a text message. It was from Arlan, the head of the security department in Herta's Space Station. It seems like he wanted to thank you for saving the Herta Space Station by giving you something. So, being the bored human that you are, you left to see what he was talking about.

As you used the space anchor to arrive at the Space Station, everyone was extremely hectic and busy, not only with just the repairs of the space station after the invasion of the Antimatter Legion, but also with the arrival of a Genius Society member. So, as Arlan gave you the gift, he also took you to greet the Genius Society Member: Screwllum.

As Screwllum was off to do whatever in the space station, you were left there, pondering if you've heard that name before. That was before your attention was switched to a cybersecurity engineer, who was tasked to investigate the paralyzation of each master control system in each zone of the space station. With nothing to do yourself, you decided to investigate with him.

As you continued with your investigation, it led to you and Leonard, the cybersecurity engineer, tracing the footsteps of the genius hacker gamer girl of the Stellaron Hunters, Silver Wolf.

Somehow, your investigations has led you into the simulated universe, still following a record of the hacker girl, with you acting as her 'companion' during the record.

In the end, it was revealed that the recording of her following you around was actually the hacker girl herself, and she has been actively with us the entire time. When she thought that she had gotten the jump on Herta and Screwllum in acquiring the Punklorde Mentality Game Cartridge, Herta did an UNO reverse card on her and acquired all of her gaming accounts.

"How would it be if the IPC were to freeze all 76 of you game records?" Screwllum said.

"What!? Hey, hold on a minute!" Silver Wolf exclaimed.

You were standing on the sidelines, with a triumphant look on your face.

"And we found another separate game account linked to your profile too, with all 76 of the games you've played. CALOLO, was it? Quite the creative name."

Then, for some reason, your triumphant look turned into a confused one, and you could feel a slight headache as you placed your hand on your forehead.

"Calolo...? Where... have I heard that before?"

Silver Wolf noticed your reaction, and seemingly widened her eyes a bit. After that, she immediately logged off from the simulated universe.

"...Aaaand she logged out. How hasty of her." Screwllum said as he fixed his wrist collar. Then, he noticed you holding your head in pain.

"Are you alright, sir? Are you perhaps experiencing a headache of some sorts?"

You put down your hand as your head starts to not hurt anymore.

"No... I'm fine. Don't worry about me."

"...Perhaps my modified version of the simulated universe has its own fair share of problems directed at the human mind. In order to reduce the possibility of fatal brain damage, I shall log us all out of the simulated universe. We have done what we came to do."

After that, you were logged out, and was back to reality. You went and said goodbye to everyone on Herta's space station and went back to the Astral Express, which was still stationed in Jarilo-IV. You also told your friends about what you just experienced.

On one of the buildings in Rainbow City, stood 2 Stellaron Hunters, talking about Silver Wolf's game accounts.

"It's gone, it's all gone! They seriously left nothing behind... They went too far this time... too far!" Silver Wolf exclaimed.

"They even took...!"

Kafka glanced over to the short girl.

"You were still holding on to those, huh?"

Silver Wolf went silent, and looked the other way.

"He's still in there. He reacted to it. He still remembers, somewhere inside of him."

Then, she jumped off the railing and headed towards the nearest trace of the IPC she could find.

"Even if it's just a slither of a chance, I'll take it over anything else!"

Kafka stood there as she watched the hacker girl runs toward the future with her new glimmer of hope. As Silver Wolf started going out of sight, Kafka couldn't help but let out a smile.