1: When he meets you

Douxie's pov:

"Guys, why did you drag me here?" I asked. My name is Douxie Casperan. To most people, they thought of me as a normal college dude who loves rock music. But there's another side of me most people don't know. Other than rock music, I've always been a huge dance enthusiast even though I'm not a fancy dancer myself.

"Come on Douxie, we all know that other than rock music, dance performances are your fav too." Claire nudged.

"Which is a reason why we invited you to this festival." Krel added.

"You guys told me it was urgent so I took off work for this festival." Douxie groaned.

"And now, please welcome to the stage a talented young woman with a cover of 'Hey Mama'. Give it up for y/n!" The emcee announced as the gang cheered for her.

'Did they know who this y/n is?' I wondered as I concentrated on the performance. The upbeat music started as the crowd went wild. The spotlight shone on the performer as she started to dance with the music. Her moves were smooth and satisfying, the leg kicks, the splits, she performed effortlessly.

"Lively y/n!"

"Woohoo! Y/n!"

"Awesome-sauce!" I heard the other's cheers.

"You guys know her?" I asked.

"She's Jim's older sister." Claire replied.

"Oh, I didn't know Jim had an older sister." I said.

"I mentioned it once, you must have forgotten." Jim said.

'Yeah, maybe I missed that out.' I thought. "How old is she?" I asked.

"Turning 18 soon." Jim replied.

'No way, she's going to be a year younger than me?' I thought. I mean, I am at least 900 years old but physically, I'm 19 and now someone is catching up to my age. As the performer posed, confetti shot out of the cannons at the side of the stage as everyone went wild. Some of my friends stood up and cheered for her. I cheered for her too despite not knowing her that well or at all as I watched her exit the stage.

"She's Arcadia Oaks High's star dancer last time. Everyone always chooses her to represent the school for competitions and for this, we signed her up in secret. She had no idea until we told her to weeks before the festival." Claire explained.

"She only had one week to prepare for it." Toby added.

"And she can do many other things too." Jim added.

"Hey guys!" A voice called as I turned around and saw her. She looked even more beautiful up close, those dashing e/c (Eye colour) eyes, her H/L (Hair length) h/c (hair colour) floated in the night wind and her outfit choice matched the concept of her song. She was a pure angel, a goddess.

"Y/n! Your performance was lively!" Aja complimented.

"It was nothing really." Y/n shrugged. She then caught sight of me as I continued to stare at her.

"Oh, I don't think I've seen you before." She caught sight of me "I'm y/n, Jim's older sister." Y/n sat next to me, extending a hand.

"I'm Douxie." I introduced, exchanging a handshake with her.

'I'm never washing my hand after this.' I thought.

"You crushed that performance just now." I commented.

"Thanks. I choreographed the whole dance myself." Y/n explained.

"Dancing is your main thing?" I questioned as she nodded.

"I have a long list of hobbies, singing, designing, ice skating, playing the electric guitar, reading, writing, the list goes on which I won't bore you with." Y/n explained.

'Woah, woah, woah, did she just say electric guitar? She and I share some interests.' I thought, my eyes lighting up when she said 'playing the electric guitar'.

"You know in my band, I play the electric guitar too." I spoke.

"No way, you're part of a band too?" Y/n asked.

"Ash Dispersal Pattern. But my band isn't that active as of now." I explained.

"Ooh, I definitely should see you play the guitar with your band one day." Y/n said. "What about you, what are your interests?" She asked. Me? Playing guitar was one, watching dance performances was another and... spending time with my associate Archie.

"Um. I don't have a lot actually. Playing my guitar, spending time with my friends and cat and watching dance performances mostly." I replied.

"I love cats, I should meet your cat one day." Y/n said. "I'm surprised you're someone who watches dance performances too. Not much of a dancer I assume?" She continued as I nodded.

"If you ask me, I'm horrible at dancing. I'm just very stiff when it comes to dancing." I explained.

"Nah, it's fine. I know a lot of people who love dance performances but aren't really good at dancing." Y/n said. "Well, dancing is a form of art and sport to express yourself or just to relieve stress. I dance most of the time to relieve stress." She explained. Once the festival was over, everyone got up and left the place.

"Nice meeting you, Douxie." Y/n smiled.

"Pleasure has been all mine." I bowed as she chuckled.

"Come on sis, let's go. See you guys in school." Jim pulled his sister away from the crowd as they went home together.

"See you around guys." I waved to everyone else as I parted ways with everyone else. Then it hit me, I didn't ask for y/n's number. God, how was I too indulged in the conversation that I forgot to ask for her number? Well, I hope there is a second chance for asking for her number in person instead of from her friends who are also my friends.