34: When you and him celebrate one month together

Douxie's pov:

It was halfway through June and exactly today a month ago, I asked y/n to be my girlfriend. Even though it is my first time being in a relationship, I learnt how to deal with many things and even learn new things throughout the month. One month passes by really fast and I wanted to give y/n the best first monthsary, that's what people call it for being together for a month ever. I had a day-off, thankfully and y/n currently was on a road trip with her college best friends but is coming back today. Obviously, she didn't forget about our monthsary because she promised to spend it with me when she comes back in the late afternoon.

For our special day, I decorated my apartment with rose petals and made a plate of Bolognese for dinner. Why only one plate people may ask, well, if you have seen the Disney movie Lady and the Tramp, you'll know that I'm trying to recreate the iconic spaghetti scene. I also made my own short film with videos I got from y/n's friends and some videos of my own for y/n to watch. Unfortunately, since y/n isn't my permanent roommate and she didn't have plans to sleep over at my place, she'll be heading back to her house after dinner.

"Archie, don't eat those, those things aren't real." I warned after Archie got curious about the rose petals on the floor.

"Do you think I'm an idiot? Of course I know these aren't real." Archie scoffed. "What are you even doing to the house?" He asked.

"Giving a surprise for y/n. It's been a month since we got together." I replied. Gee, I thought this cat was smart and knew everything.

"When is she coming?" Archie asked.

"I have to go get her from her house." I replied. Y/n has no idea what's coming her way, all I have to do now is act cool. Before leaving the house, I re-positioned some of the rose petals on the ground and turned off the lights, leaving the fake candles illuminating the place.

"Alright Arch, I'm going to get her now and I'm warning you, do not mess up the place." I warned before leaving the house.

When I reached y/n's house, I saw y/n coming out and running up to me, wishing, "Happy first month babe."

"Happy monthsary to you too, how was your trip?" I asked.

"Fun, I'll explain everything later. Where are you taking me tonight?" Y/n asked, getting on my motorcycle.

"Simple dinner at my place." I replied. I know I don't have a lot of money to bring y/n out for a fancy dinner for our first monthsary together but I hope she doesn't mind.

"Ooh, alright." Y/n replied as I rode back to my apartment. In the lift, I took out the blindfold from my pocket and told y/n to put it on.

"What is going on?" Y/n asked.

"Just put it on, trust me." I insisted. Y/n shrugged and put on the blindfold. Once the lift reached my apartment level, I led y/n out of the lift and walked to my apartment door. After unlocking the door, letting the both of us in, I used my phone to turn on some romantic jazz music. I totally did not play 'Careless Whisper' by George Michael.

"Are you playing with me right now Casperan? What is going on?" Y/n questioned as I chuckled. I was shocked when she called me by my last name, that is something that doesn't usually happen.

"Shut up, it's not funny. Why is the music so... cheesy?" Y/n snapped.

"Are you ready?" I asked.

"Just take off the blindfold already." She huffed.

"Alright, you're the princess." I shrugged before taking off her blindfold just for her to gasp.