44: When he takes care of you

Douxie's pov:

The next day, I went to the hospital early to visit y/n. I was super excited since y/n was going to be discharged and I could take care of her for the whole day since I have a day-off. As I entered y/n's hospital room, I noticed she was still asleep. I sat on a chair next to her bed, resting my hand on top of hers. She sensed my presence moments later as she slowly opened her eyes and smiled at me.

"Well, you're really early." Y/n spoke.

"Couldn't bear to see you." I said.

"Oh, come on. It's only one night that you don't see me." Y/n groaned.

"Still, you being in the hospitalised is something I never wished happened to you." I said. She smiled at me as s nurse came in with a cart.

"Your breakfast, Ms Lake." The nurse placed a tray of food on the table.

"Thank you." Y/n smiled as she started eating. The whole time, I was just staring at y/n eating her breakfast.

"Why are you staring at me?" Y/n asked.

"You know that your beauty always mesmerises me." I replied as y/n chuckled.

"Such a dork." She scoffed. After breakfast, y/n's mom came in to check up on y/n.

"Morning dear, oh, you're here early Douxie." Barbara greeted.

"He was here when I opened my eyes." Y/n told her mother.

"I couldn't help it, I just miss my pretty girl so much." I pinched y/n's cheek.

"Stop it, my mom is here." Y/n swatted my hand. "Just ignore him, he's being dramatic and clingy right now even though it's only been one night that I'm in the hospital." She told her mom.

"Don't worry about it, as long as you two don't go overboard just yet." Barbara said. "Anyways, here are the papers you need to sign and your medicine for headaches and cramps." She continued, handing y/n her things. Another nurse came in to cut the hospital bracelet off y/n.

"Thanks mom." Y/n thanked.

"You are officially discharged Ms Lake. I'll leave Douxie under your care for the rest of the day." Barbara said, leaving the room.

"That is a lot of gifts for someone who is only in the hospital for one night." I commented, looking at the gifts y/n got.

"My girlfriends, both from high school and college are the reason for the many gifts." Y/n told me. "Be right back, let me change out of this hospital robe then we'll leave." She stood up to get her clothes before heading to the bathroom.

~

Y/n's pov:

"Oh, I missed home." I spoke, entering my house even though it has only been one night that I wasn't home.

"Where can I put your gifts?" Douxie asked.

"In my room. I'm hungry, we should go somewhere for brunch." I replied.

"Hungry already? It's not even 12 yet." Douxie said. I glared at him as he spoke, "Fine, but I am not ordering anything."

"Really, you're resisting the food at the bistro you're working at?" I questioned.

"Alright, alright, maybe I'll have something to share with you." Douxie sighed. After putting down everything, Douxie took me to the bistro for brunch. Since I had cravings, I ordered a lot of food, including finger snacks while Douxie just ate out of a few of my meals.

"Mm, I always wanted to try the food here but never have the time." I commented as Douxie chuckled.

"Good, isn't it?" Douxie asked as I nodded. In the end, we had to take-away some leftovers since I over-ordered. For the rest of the day, I hung out with Douxie because he was being clingy and would check up on me every few minutes to see if I was alright.

"Do you need anything babe?" Douxie asked while I was reading. I shook my head and continued my book but he pulled me to his lap where I continued reading.

"I swear if you throw my book with me losing my page, I will kill you." I spoke.

"I'll wait till you're done." Douxie replied. I looked at him and questioned, "Really? I'm gonna be reading for a while."

"Whatever you say, I'll wait." He whispered in my ear. My cheeks heated up instantly. Screw it, there are other pockets of time where I can read. I put my bookmark on the page where I stopped at before tossing my book aside and snuggling against Douxie. His embrace eventually made me fall asleep and I slept like a baby as I woke up to Jim's face a few hours later.

"Where'd Douxie go?" I asked.

"He left after I came home." Jim replied. I also realized I was in my room when I woke up as I sat up in bed.

"He left this for you by the way." Jim held up something which looked like a paper ring.

"Wow, I didn't know he knows how to make this kind of crafts." I admired the ring before slipping it on my ring finger.

Douxie's pov:

Y/n gave up her reading after an hour and decided to cuddle, but fell asleep a while later in my arms. I carried her to her bedroom and tucked her in. Being someone who does crafts, I decided to make something for y/n. I searched around y/n's study table for a sticky note and managed to find one before starting to make something. I heard the door open a few moments later as I finished up my small gift for y/n.

"Hey Doux, I assume y/n is out of the hospital already?" Jim asked.

"She's resting in her room." I replied. "By the way, could you give this to her? I have to run off somewhere right now." I handed Jim the paper ring I made.

"Woah, could you teach me? I think Claire would love this." Jim asked.

"Sure, when would you want me to come over?" I asked.

"How bout through dinner. You could come over for dinner during one of your off-days and teach me. But the catch is we don't tell y/n about it." Jim suggested.

"Oh, that's actually a good idea." I commented. "I'll wait for your text then." I continued before heading to the door.

"See ya Douxie." Jim waved.

"Bye for now." I waved before leaving.