43: When he learns you were being hospitalised

Concerned bf mode is on 

Douxie's pov:

"Sorry we're late mom, we had some school things to settle." Jim apologized when we bumped into Barbara along the way.

"Well, at least you guys made it before the visiting hours end. I thought you were busy tonight Douxie?" Barbara questioned.

"Oh, I was being let off early." I replied. "Do you know which room y/n is in?" I asked.

"Room 30 on the third floor." Barbara replied as I immediately dashed off. I didn't bother waiting for the lift as I ran up the stairs to the third floor.

"Room 30, room 30... Aha, right here." I looked for the room as I entered the room. It was a suite but I guess since the Lake siblings' mother works here, she was given a private room to stay in. I watched y/n, eyes closed as I placed the bouquet on the table and sat next to her, holding her hand.

"Hey, how long have you been sleeping for?" I asked. No response.

"What happened to you?" I asked but the room was silent.

"Great, now I think I'm a lunatic for talking to myself." I groaned. I pushed a strand of hair behind her ear as I looked at her lovingly.

"With a beautiful face like that, you're too young to die!" I laid on her, thinking my other half was actually dead until I felt her chest move.

Y/n's pov:

"With a beautiful face like that, you're too young to die!" I heard Douxie's cries as I couldn't help but chuckle. Why is he being dramatic right now? Out of everyone who visited me, Douxie is the one with the biggest reaction. I opened my eyes to see his worried face in front of mine.

"Hey, you are under arrest for interrupting my nap." I punched his shoulder. Douxie winced in pain before wrapping his arms around me.

"Calm down, it's not a huge accident at all." I reassured. As Douxie pulled away, he asked, "What actually happened?"

"Y/n! I'm glad you're alright!" Claire came in with Jim and Toby behind her.

"I'm alright. Why did you guys come at this hour? And I thought your shift ends at 10 tonight?" I questioned the three teens before questioning my boyfriend.

"Trollhunting stuff and his supervisor heard about what happened and let him off early." Jim replied. "But I'm glad you're alright." He continued.

"You don't look injured anywhere so, what actually happened?" Claire asked. I gestured for Claire to get closer before whispering, "My period came early while I was running laps around the gym."

"So, what is it?" Toby asked.

"Girl problems." Claire and I replied. The guys groaned as Jim questioned, "What kind of girl problems?"

"Fine, my period came a week earlier than expected and I felt light headed and had abdominal cramps during gym class and then I fainted." I explained. "Don't worry though, I'm fine now." I reassured.

"How'd you faint on your period though?" Toby asked.

"It happens to girls, it's a really long scientific explanation of why it happens." Claire replied.

"Whatever it is, at least y/n's alright. How long are you going to be here for?" Jim asked.

"Just for the night, I'll be discharged tomorrow." I replied.

"I'll pick you up tomorrow then." Douxie volunteered. "I have a day off tomorrow so I'm going to take care of you." He continued, booping my nose. That was unnecessary. I smiled and told Jim, Toby and Claire, "You guys should go now, you guys have school tomorrow."

"See you y/n." Toby smiled.

"Get well soon y/n!" Claire added as the two left the room first.

"Any tests tomorrow, Jim?" I asked as he shook his head.

"You should head home now, mom is going to be home late." I insisted.

"See you tomorrow sis." Jim smiled as he left the room, leaving me and Douxie alone.

"I'll text you when I'm being discharged." I spoke.

"No need, I'll be here in the morning." Douxie smiled. "But I really want to stay here with you." He whined.

"It's only for one night babe, I'll be back home tomorrow and resting at home." I said.

"At least let me stay till you fall asleep." Douxie begged.

"You'd be kicked out by then." I teased. "I'll be fine, I swear." I insisted. There was a knock on the door as mom entered.

"Sorry Douxie but visiting hours are up so I'm gonna need to escort you out." Mom spoke. Douxie took one last look at me before leaving with mom.

"See you tomorrow." I said before lowering the bed position till I was lying flat.

Douxie's pov:

As Barbara escorted me out, I questioned, "What time will y/n be discharged tomorrow?"

"In the morning, at around 10." Barbara replied. "I assume you'll be taking care of her for the whole day?" She asked.

"Is it a crime?" I asked. Barbara chuckled and replied, "Definitely not, I'm not that type of strict moms, I'm a chill and busy mom."

"I can see that you are busy every day. I appreciate you working so hard for your kids." I thanked. Barbara smiled at me and said, "It is my job, even though I don't see them so often since I have overnight shifts most of the time and-"

"Doctor Lake! We need you right now!" Another doctor called as I insisted, "You should get back to work now."

"See you tomorrow, Douxie." Barbara smiled.

~

"You're back early." Archie started. I sighed before slumping myself on the couch, replying, "Yeah, from the hospital."

"What were you doing there? Entertaining the children again?" Archie asked.

"No, I wasn't there for that. It's about y/n, she fainted during class earlier in the morning." I replied.

"Dehydration?"

"Abdominal pain due to her period cramps and light headedness due to physical activity." I replied. "Apparently her period came a week earlier." I continued.

"How long will she be in the hospital?" Archie asked.

"Only for tonight, I'll be picking her up tomorrow." I replied.