16: When he video calls you

Y/n's pov:

It was almost 11pm right now. I'm sitting on my bed opening the many gifts I got from my friends who came today but was mostly the same things, make up palettes and brushes, the latest K-Pop albums, plushies, occasionally books and sometimes clothes. Other than opening the presents, I also read the cards that I got from everyone. I was then left with one last gift to open which was from Douxie.

"Woah." Was my response after I opened the present to reveal a bracelet inside. Not just a normal bracelet though, a charmed bracelet. A note slipped out of the box as I opened it and started to read it.

Y/n,

I'm not someone who actually writes letters to people, especially to girls but after writing this, it feels like I can tell people stuff I usually can't. Anyways, I just wanted to say happy birthday! You're finally at the age to get a driving license and drink alcohol. I actually didn't know what you'd like but I came across a stand one day had matching bracelets so I decided to get one for both of us. I know it isn't much but I hope you actually like it. Thank you for being my best friend, y/n.

P.s you won't want to drink too much alcohol if you ever try it.

Your best friend

Doux

"This actually looks super cute. I wonder how his bracelet looks like." I muttered, putting on the charm bracelet. Coincidentally, my phone vibrated.

"Oh, he's still up?" I muttered as I picked up the video call. "Hey, don't you have work tomorrow?" I asked.

"I do but I'm not serving customers tomorrow. Tomorrow, me and my colleague are going to be errand boys." Douxie replied.

"Errand boys as in?"

"Stocking up on some of the café stuff." Douxie replied. "You can come along if you want." He offered.

"Unfortunately, I have my own errand to run. Mom put Jim and me on groceries." I explained. "Also, you have no idea how long I've always wanted a charm bracelet." I continued.

"Here's mine. I saw the guitar charm and immediately got it. Then I found out it was a matching bracelet so I gift the one with a bow for you." Douxie explained, showing his bracelet to me. It actually suits him and I'm surprised he decided to get it.

"That's pretty smart if you ask me." I said.

"I didn't know your mother had the money to host your birthday party at a hotel ballroom." Douxie commented.

"Correction, my friends from both high school and college teamed up for this." I corrected.

"They have the money for this?"

"I guess so? I never expected it to be in a hotel ballroom though." I replied.

"Really. It looked like you expected it to be in a hotel ballroom." Douxie teased.

"I swear, I didn't know." I argued. "Since you said your birthday is in November, are you expecting a party or anything?" I asked.

"Probably a lowkey gathering with the gang from Arcadia Oaks High and my bandmates." Douxie replied.

"And where would you host it at?" I asked.

"My apartment. It's quite spacious." Douxie replied.

"Really. Well, I think you should leave the planning to me and the others." I insisted.

"It better not be anything stupid please." Douxie groaned.

"Hey, people say I'm an excellent planner too. Especially for birthdays." I say. "Anyways, it's been a long day so I should probably get some rest now." I continued, letting out a yawn.