21: When you see him with kids

Y/n's pov: 

 "Hi y/n!" Cassandra called. She was another cousin of mine on my mother's side and we're practically best friends and massive fans of Taylor Swift. Funny thing is that some people mistake her as my sister.

"Cassie, what happened to you?" I asked, putting down the gifts I got her.

"I was riding my bike during the weekend and someone suddenly crashed into me." Cassandra explained.

"And you only broke a leg?" I asked as she nodded.

"I wore elbow pads and a helmet so I didn't take too much damage." Cassandra explained.

"She is lucky I asked her to wear a helmet and the body guards. She was still getting used to riding on two wheels." Cassandra's mother explained. "Why don't I leave the both of you for now. Me and your uncle have to get something." She continued as I nodded.

"Sure, I'll take care of her for a while." I smiled as my aunt and uncle left the ward, leaving me and Cassandra alone.

"The guy who crashed into to you, roughly how old was he?" I asked. Cassandra adjusted her position as she replied, "He looked like he was 30, maybe younger."

"Geez, adults when riding their bicycles. Some of them just don't know which lane to stick to when cycling." I shook my head. "Oh, I have some gifts for you. I talked to your parents and they decided to get it for you." I continued, reaching into the bag of gifts I brought.

"What is it?" Cassandra asked. I held out two pieces of paper and continued, "Both me and your parents unfortunately couldn't get the actual tickets for the concert since they are all sold out but for now, we can enjoy the Eras Tour in the cinema." I flipped the pieces of paper around to reveal two tickets to the Eras Tour movie showing in the cinema.

"It's okay. If Taylor comes back for another concert here, we can try again for actual tickets." Cassandra told me.

"We have to start making friendship bracelets to trade." I said as Cassandra nodded.

"Thank you, thank you!" Cassandra thanked. "Which era are you going as y/n?" She asked.

"That is a good question, I have no idea yet." I replied. Being a swiftie, it is impossible for me to go as all 10 eras so picking one to go as was the hardest.

"Oh, I have something else for you too." I continued, digging through the bag of gifts before taking out a plush toy.

"How bout another furry friend to accompany you." I handed the plush toy to Cassandra. "And I have one more thing for you." I continued, standing up to bring out the last present for Cassandra.

"Wait is this?" Cassandra started.

"You told me you needed to stock up on those beads for your bracelets so I bought a new set with new colours and beads to try out." I explained, handing the box to her.

"Does this mean I can make as many bracelets as I can?" Cassandra asked as I nodded.

"It can also cure your boredom of being in the hospital." I added.

"Hey girls. Oh, wow, what is this?" Cassandra's mother asked.

"Y/n gave me some presents." Cassandra replied.

"Get well soon gifts." I corrected. "And of course, I can't forget about a get well soon card for you." I continued, handing the card to Cassandra.

"Thank you, y/n!" Cassandra thanked.

"I'll have to make a move first, I have an errand to run right now." I said.

"Thank you for coming by y/n." Cassandra's mother thanked.

"No worries. My mom and Jim told me to send their well wishes for Cassie." I smiled. "Bye Cassie, get well soon." I waved to Cassandra.

"Bye! Thank you for the gifts!" Cassandra thanked as I smiled before leaving the ward. On the way out, I heard a bunch of kids laughing from a far.

"Weird, what are the kids laughing at?" I muttered as I followed the noise which led me to a lounge with a group of children seated around... Douxie?

'What? Arcadia sure is a small town. But what was he doing here?' I thought as I hid behind a wall and listened to the conversation.

"Big D, tell us another story!" A child pleaded.

"No, show us a magic trick!" Another child pleaded.

"Let's play a game!" Another child begged. Soon, the kids started clamouring and arguing about what to do next.

"Alright, alright, settle down everyone. I have a new story to tell you guys. Something you've never heard before." Douxie calmed the children down. Gee, he seemed good at calming kids down.

"What story do you have for us Big D?" A boy asked. Big D, that's what these kids call him? I laughed silently at the nickname as I continued listening.

"Once upon a time, in a place called Camelot was a young wizard called Hisirdoux Casperan." Douxie started telling the story. While I was behind the wall listening, a nurse came up behind me and spoke, "He's good, isn't he?" I jumped a little as I turned and nodded.

"He sure is." I commented. "Don't mind me, I was on the way out and decided to see what's going on." I continued.

"That young man would come down to the children's hospital when he has time to entertain the children and they love him. He did mention he works three jobs so sometimes he would be here, sometimes he won't be here." The nurse explained as I nodded after understanding what Douxie is here for.

"Thank you for that information." I thanked as the nurse left while I continued listening to the story.

"The wizard became Merlin's apprentice? And had a hot meal in his workshop?" A boy asked.

"Yes. He had a nice hot meal and helped out in the workshop often." Douxie replied. I continued listening to Douxie's story and I have to say, he really is a storyteller and that this was a side of Douxie I have not seen before.

"Alright, well I have to go right now kiddos. Gotta buy some things for the house." Douxie apologized. Interesting story he told. The children whined as they asked, "When are you coming back?"

"I can try next week." Douxie replied. "Come on, I'll walk you guys to your wards." He continued.

"Shit." I cussed. I couldn't let Douxie know I'm here too. Before the kids came in my direction, I sprinted off and made a right turn towards the exit. As I exited the hospital, I couldn't help but think about how good Douxie handled children. Who knows, he could be an excellent dad or babysitter in the future.