30: When he goes on vacation

Douxie's pov:

Finally, it's the time I get a break from work. Even though I'm gonna miss my girl terribly, I promised to call her when I can and I gave her my spare keys to my house to hang out with Archie and take care of him for the time being.

"I gave y/n my spare key so she can come in and check up on you so you better not say one word to her or she'll freak out when she knows you can talk." I warned Archie.

"But can't you just straight up tell her?" Archie asked.

"I can't because I can't think of a good reason and the right time to tell her." I replied. "I have to go now, my ride is here." I continued, petting Archie one last time before leaving my apartment.

~

When I reached the airport, Noah and Nathaniel were waiting for me to check in my luggage. Y/n was there too, wearing my hoodie as usual, along with Noah and Nat's other halves.

"We were waiting for you buddy boy." Noah started.

"Alright, let's check in our stuff now." I said as the three of us checked in our small luggage. After checking in our things, we walked around the place for a while.

"I feel like I don't have to wear that hoodie you are wearing anymore." I said.

"I'll give it back when I feel like it." Y/n told me.

"Really, and I don't think that'll time will come." I teased as y/n scoffed.

"Anyways, enjoy yourself when you're in Europe with your buddies." Y/n told me.

"You will check up on Archie for me, right?" I asked.

"Of course I will. I'll check up on him before going to school and after school to feed him and play with him for a while." Y/n replied.

"Big D finally has a girlfriend? She can join our girlfriends' squad." Noah's other half Ruby commented. Y/n introduced herself to Ruby and Nat's other half Kasumi who's half Japanese.

"Those three are definitely going to be best friends now." Noah commented.

"They seem to be getting along right now, should we head in so they can hang out?" Nathaniel asked.

"Maybe we should but after a while, they'll be crawling back to us and whining about us leaving." I replied and I was correct, the moment the three of us told our other halves it was time to go, their smiles dropped and their puppy eyes started to show.

"It's gonna be boring without you." Y/n sulked.

"Hey, at least I gave you the spare key so you could check on him and play with him almost every day." I said. "Also, don't you have new friends to hang out with?" I pointed at Ruby and Kasumi sulking at their other halves.

"True but you know we won't have weekend dates this week." Y/n sighed.

"How bout this, when I come back, we have some ice cream at my place." I promised. Y/n's eyes lit up as she nodded.

"Come on Big D, time to go." Nathaniel called. I turned back to y/n and hugged her one last time, muttering, "I love you. I'll be back."

"I love you too, go enjoy yourself." Y/n muttered. As we separated, I entered the departure hall with my band mates, looking back at y/n one last time.

Y/n's pov:

Sure, missing my boyfriend would be one thing. But now that I got to know Noah and Nathaniel's other halves, my excitement of making new friends overcame my sadness. Once in a while I may feel like I'm lonely without my boyfriend but with my friends who also are like me, we could hang out together and cure that loneliness in us.