2: When you meet him

Y/n's pov:

"Oh gosh, why did they sign me up at the last minute?" I questioned myself as I stood backstage waiting for my turn to go on stage to perform. Yes, I have performed in front of a crowd before, that doesn't scare me. But the fact that my friends signed me up for the festival without telling me a few weeks in advance made me panic since I only had a week to prepare for everything.

My name is Y/n Lake, 2 years older than my younger brother Jim Lake Junior. I graduated from Arcadia Oaks High 2 years ago, the same school my brother currently attends. I have a long list of hobbies but I won't list them. Trust me, the list goes on.

"Okay y/n, you're up. Good luck." The crew backstage called me as I nodded. The curtains were closed as I got to my position.

"And now, please welcome to the stage a talented young woman with a cover of 'Hey Mama'. Give it up for y/n!" The emcee announced as I heard the wild cheers of the audience. The curtains opened as the spotlight shone on me. As the upbeat music of the song I chose started, my mind set towards the choreography I self-choreographed as I started to awe the crowd with my high kicks and splits. Occasionally, I saw my friends cheering and standing up for me from afar. My eyes caught a jet-black haired guy with indigo highlights admiring me. His dashing hazel eyes made me feel something. Was it falling in love? Or just a silent compliment.

'Huh. He looks new. I've never seen him before.' I thought as I snapped out of it quickly and continued with my performance. As I posed, confetti shot out of the cannons at the side of the stage as the crowd went wild. I bowed at the audience before leaving the stage. I went up to my group of friends and smiled, "Hey guys!"

"Y/n! Your performance was lively!" Aja complimented.

"It was nothing really." I shrugged. I caught sight of the guy who kept staring at me as I spoke, "Oh, I don't think I've seen you before." I sat next to him as I introduced, "I'm y/n. Jim's older sister."

"I'm Douxie." The guy replied, shaking my hand.

'Douxie, what a nice name.' I thought.

"You crushed that performance just now." Douxie commented.

'Well, looks like someone likes my performance.' I thought.

"Thanks. I choreographed the whole dance myself." I explained.

"But dancing is your main thing." Douxie questioned as I nodded.

"I have a long list of hobbies, singing, designing, ice skating, playing the electric guitar, reading, writing, the list goes on which I won't bore you with." I explained.

"You know in my band, I play the electric guitar too." Douxie said.

"No way, you're part of a band too?" I asked.

"Ash Dispersal Pattern. But my band isn't that active as of now." Douxie explained.

"Ooh, I definitely should see you play the guitar with your band one day." I said. "What about you, what are your interests?" I asked.

"Um. I don't have a lot actually. Playing my guitar, spending time with my friends and cat and watching dance performances mostly." Douxie replied.

'He has a cat? No way.' I thought.

"I love cats, I should meet your cat one day." I exclaimed. "I'm surprised you're someone who watches dance performances too. Not much of a dancer I assume?" I continued as he nodded.

"If you ask me, I'm horrible at dancing. I'm just very stiff when it comes to dancing." Douxie confessed.

"Nah, it's fine. I know a lot of people who love dance performances but aren't really good at dancing." I said. "Well, dancing is a form of art and sport to express yourself or just relieve stress. I dance most of the time to relieve stress." I explained. Once the festival was over, everyone got up and left the place.

"Nice meeting you, Douxie." I turned back to Douxie, smiling at him.

"Pleasure has been all mine." He bowed as I chuckled. He was being too polite already.

"Come on sis, let's go. See you guys in school." Jim pulled me away from everyone as I waved to them one more time before heading home with Jim.

"You seemed really interested in Douxie. He's a year older than you." Jim started.

"Oh? Is he?" I asked as Jim nodded. Oh my gosh, how was I an idiot for not asking for his number? All that icebreaker things made me forget to ask him.

"Hey, how did you even know about Douxie?" I asked.

"He came to our school to promote 'Battle of The Bands' last year." Jim replied.

"He was a student at Arcadia Oaks High? How did I not know about this?" I asked as Jim shrugged. Oh well, when I have the time, I shall find out where he is now and ask for his number. Asking from Jim is probably weird, I need to ask him in person.