29: When he meets your mother

Y/n's pov:

Finally, my mom has a day-off which means that she can finally meet Douxie after my brother snitching to her that Douxie and I are dating. Unfortunately for Doux, he has work today but he promised he'll come over when he's done. I, on the other hand have to make sure the house is presentable to him because the past few times Douxie came over to pick me up, he's seen how messy my house is. But tonight, it is a different situation where I'll actually clean up the place.

"Hey sis, is Doux allergic to any sort of food?" Jim asked. Yep, he insisted on being the chef for tonight.

"I thought you knew him longer than me." I teased.

"But you know him way better than me." Jim argued.

"Fair point, he's not allergic to anything." I replied. Douxie shouldn't be a stranger to my mom because she has been to the café he worked at a few times with Strickler and has visited me casa a lot after we got to know each other.

"Is he going to be here soon?" Mom asked.

"He just texted, he's coming over right now." I replied after I messaged Douxie and he replied in a split second. I helped mom set the table while Jim was finishing up the plating of the dishes. A few moments later, the doorbell rang as I immediately went up to the door.

"Delivery for Ms y/n Lake." The voice spoke, holding up a bouquet of flowers. The person's face was covered so I didn't know who it was.

"Wha- huh? I didn't buy anything online." I defended.

"Surprise, it's me." Douxie peeked his head from the top of the bouquet as I chuckled.

"Babe, come on. Not funny." I groaned.

"I totally got you." Douxie teased as I rolled my eyes. I invited him into the house as he handed the bouquet to me.

"Hey Jim. Hi Mrs Lake." Douxie greeted.

"Please, it's Barbara." Mom smiled.

"Barbara, yes." Douxie chuckled.

"Hey Doux." Jim waved.

"Hey, how have you been?" Douxie asked.

"School's boring, as usual." Jim replied as I chuckled.

"Come on dude, look forward to your graduation in early September." Douxie tried to lighten the mood.

"Yeah, and then finals in the end of October and early November." Jim groaned.

"But you have a break after that until April of next year maybe?" Douxie added.

"Okay, enough of that for now." I stopped Jim from complaining about his high school life. "Let's go eat." I insisted.

"Finally, we meet to have dinner together." Mom smiled. "Come, sit." She insisted.

"Let me run back to my room to put this down first." I whispered as I ran up to my room to put the bouquet down, put on Douxie's hoodie I stole from his closet a few days ago before heading to the dinning room.

"Y/n, that hoodie looks awfully big on you." Mom commented. Douxie couldn't hold back his laughter either as I replied, "Uh, oversized hoodies are the trend now."

"Have a seat m'lady." Douxie pulled out a chair for me.

"Why are you so cheesy today?" I whispered, sitting down.

"You know you like it." His whispers tickled my ears as I blushed.

"My, what a gentleman you are." Mom commented. "Help yourself to anything on the table. Specially prepared by Jim tonight." She insisted. Tonight's dinner made by Jim was mashed potato, mom's all-time favourite shrimp cake and his speciality, carbonara.