4: We meet again (Your pov)

"Ah, this must be the place." I muttered, looking up at the café a friend recommended me. It didn't look old nor new but it is worth trying something new. As I looked in the empty café through the doors, there weren't any customers but there were workers cleaning up the place. As I entered the café, I was greeted by my favourite animal in the world, a cat.

"Aww, aren't you the cutest?" I bent down to pet the cat as it purred and rubbed its body against me. I stood up and walked up to the counter to order what I wanted.

"I hope it isn't too late to order anything." I started.

"Oh, no trouble at all dear, what would you like to have?" The barista at the counter asked.

"Could I have a red velvet cake and a medium matcha latte please." I ordered what I wanted.

"Would you like the matcha latte hot or cold?"

"Hot please. And I'm having it here." I replied. After paying for my tea break, I sat at a table and waited for my order to come.

"So, we meet again. Arcadia sure is a small town." A voice started moments later. Wait, that voice sounded familiar. I looked up to see... Douxie? He works here?

"Oh, hey I didn't know you work here." I gasped, looking up at him.

"Part time. Here's your red velvet cake and a medium hot matcha latte." Douxie placed whatever I ordered earlier in front of me as I thanked him. I noticed the same black cat that greeted me earlier rubbing against his legs as I commented, "The cat seems to like you a lot."

"He is my cat actually. He follows me everywhere I go." Douxie explained.

"Oh, and everyone here is alright with this?" I asked.

"Yeah, this café is pet friendly." Douxie replied as I nodded in consent.

"My friend recommended me this place so I decided to try out the things here." I explained.

"Boy." I heard someone call Douxie.

"Excuse me." Douxie excused himself as I nodded. He left while I continued enjoying my cake and coffee. After a while, Douxie came back and now was sitting opposite me.

"Aren't you supposed to be on the lookout for any customers who come in not sitting down with me for tea?" I asked as Douxie chuckled. Did I just make a joke or something?

"My supervisor let me off for now. The café isn't that busy during this hour so I have some spare time. If you don't mind." Douxie replied.

"Of course I don't mind." I smiled. The black cat from earlier hopped onto Douxie's lap as I continued petting it. I was too obsessed with it.

"How did you find him?" I asked.

"I- uh found him on the streets, as a kitten. It was raining one day and he was laying a cardboard box, drenched and cold. I couldn't help it so I took him back to my place to care for him." Douxie explained. Oh... what a sad backstory the cat went through.

"Aww, poor guy. At least it's good to see him looking healthy and well." I sympathised. We fell silent for a while as I continued eating my cake. Gosh, the cake is delicious and it's my favourite, red velvet.

"The cakes here are really delicious, I think I'll be coming here more often." I spoke after a long silence between us. Awkward...

"Always loved the cakes here too. During off-peak hours my supervisor lets me and the other workers steal a few extra cakes in the pantry." Douxie explained as I chuckled. As I was finishing up my afternoon tea, I stood up and smiled, "Well, nice finding out you work here."

"Don't worry about this, I'll clean it up." Douxie insisted as he stood up too, clearing the table before taking them to the kitchen. Dang, I never knew he was that tall. I'm only someone who is y/h (Your height; in ft or cm). As I was about to walk out of the door, I heard him call me.

"Wait!" He yelled.

"Did I forget something?" I asked, turning around.

"No, uh I mean-"

"Ah-ah, I know what you want." I interrupted him. I knew where this was going already.

"Y-you do?" Douxie asked as I nodded. I took out my phone, opened a new contact before handing my phone to him.

"You want my number, don't you?" I asked. Douxie slowly nodded as he took my phone, him taking his out as I keyed my number in it. Well, finally the time has come.

"How did you know I wanted your number?" Douxie asked as he handed my phone back. I passed him his phone back and replied, "A guy's first instinct after meeting a girl and not seeing her for weeks without her number is to ask for her number, obviously." I learnt well from my mom.

"Um... uh..."

"See you around Douxie!" I smiled as I left the café. I smiled at the new contact in my phone as I sighed in relief, it's the start of a new friendship.