40: When he gets sick

Douxie's pov:

I tossed and turned in the middle of the night. It felt like I was living in the Sahara Desert. The air conditioner in my room was at its normal temperature, not too warm and not too cold but somehow, I felt even warmer than usual as I kept taking the quilt off me every few minutes when I'm sweating and covering myself again when I'm cold.

The next morning, I woke up early to report sick before falling asleep again. I heard Archie calling me to feed him but I didn't care, I was too tired to get out of bed to do anything.

"Doux, you should go and see a doctor you know." I heard Archie but I just pulled the cover over myself and continued sleeping.

Y/n's pov:

As I entered the café to get my usual drink, I noticed the brunette with blonde highlights Douxie told me about and I had an uneasy feeling. She looked like she could be a teen model or an actress in the future.

"If it isn't our favourite customer y/n." Douxie's supervisor smiled brightly at me.

"Hi, just my usual to-go thanks." I smiled. "By the way, do you know what happened to Douxie. I didn't see him when I came in." I asked.

"He called this morning to report sick. The boy's been sleeping all day, he hasn't been replying to my texts. I also don't think he has seen the doctor yet." He replied. Sick? Hasn't seen the doctor? Why is he like this?

"Why didn't he see one?" I asked as everyone else shrugged.

"Hi, here's your-" The brunette stopped talking when she saw me as I looked at her, confused.

"You're Douxie's girlfriend, right?" She asked as I nodded. At least she knows Douxie is taken.

"I've seen you at the music festival at the start of the year, you did a cover of 'Hey Mama', right?" She asked.

"Yeah." I replied.

"You were great that night, I loved the choreography you made." She complimented. "Here's your matcha latte by the way." She continued, handing me the cup.

"Thank you..."

"Vicky." The brunette introduced herself.

"I'm y/n." I smiled. As I noticed more customers coming in, I turned to her and told her, "You should get back to work now."

"Wait, here's my number. We should get to know each other." Vicky wrote her number on a sticky note before giving it to me.

"I could give you mine too." I smiled, finding something to write on. Vicky stuck out her hand and gave me a marker, telling me, "You can write it here. I'll add it in when I have time." I smiled at her before writing my number down on her palm.

"See you around." Vicky smiled at me. I smiled and waved to her before leaving the café. I guess I was wrong about the female worker that led to the misunderstanding between Douxie and I. Now that I got about the mysterious girl out of my mind, I can focus on Douxie.

~

Before heading to Douxie's house, I went to the mall near my house to get some flowers to brighten up his apartment. I think his house needs a pop of colour. Mom asked me to accompany to the doctor for a medical certificate to submit to his supervisor when he goes back at work and for medicine and I cooked some porridge for him after getting my matcha latte. As I reached Douxie's apartment, I knocked on the door once but there wasn't any response.

"Doux, it's me. Open up." I called, knocking on the door continuously. Suddenly, the door opened on its own as I entered.

"Babe, where are you?" I called but there still wasn't a response.