47: When you dye your hair

Y/n's pov:

Ever since I entered high school 13, I have always wanted to dye or highlight my hair but because there were rules, I decided to change my hair. In college, the lecturers won't mind if you color your hair since a lot of the seniors dye their hair so I was thinking I should do the same since I have never done it before.

"Y/n! It's been a while. How would you like to do your hair today?" My hairdresser Sylvette greeted as I entered the hair salon. She led me to a chair as I told her what I wanted to do with my hair.

"Today could I get curtain bangs and a little bit of layers. As for the hair color, blonde on the inside." I told Sylvette.

"I like where this is going, intending to impress your boyfriend?" Sylvette asked.

"Not impressing but surprising." I replied.

"Come with me for a hair wash first darling." Sylvette told me as I followed her to the basins to wash my hair. I went in at about 3 and the whole procedure took at least 4 hours since I ended before 6.30 in the evening.

"And there we go, a new you." Sylvette said as I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked so different in a good way and I loved my new hair.

"Remember, don't wash your hair for 2 days and use this special shampoo when you start washing your hair after 2 days." Sylvette told me. Obviously with me getting bangs, dying my hair blonde and getting the shampoo, the cost of everything was expensive but I saved enough to get this kind of treatment.

"Here's your receipt and I'll see you next time y/n." Sylvette handed me the receipt.

"Bye for now Syl." I waved as I left the hair salon. At the same time, my phone vibrated in my hand as I picked it up when I saw who it was.

"Hey babe, what's up?" I asked.

"Do you have any plans right now?" Douxie asked.

"I'm free, what's going on?" I asked.

"Dinner at Mr Benoits?" Douxie simply asked. I love the food there and I'm surprised he's suggesting the bistro he works at for dinner.

"Okay, I'll head over now." I said.

"I saved us a spot inside already. See ya." Douxie told me before hanging up. Let's see if he can recognise me with my new makeover.

Douxie's pov:

Tonight was rather a busy night at Mr Benoits as there was a huge table reserved for dinner. I watched the main entrance for y/n but every time someone came in, it made me upset when it was not her. A while later, someone with a hair color surprisingly similar to y/n's but had a little bit of blonde on the inside of her hair. She saw me and started running up to me.

"Hey you." The girl spoke before sitting down.

"Uh, do I know you?" I asked.

"Babe, do you not recognise me?" The girl asked. It's weird that she's calling me 'babe' too. I stuttered, unable to speak as the girl showed me a picture of herself without her blonde hair which then I realized it was y/n.

"Oh, it's you babe. What did you with your hair?" I asked, touching it.

"I dyed it. I spent at least 3 and a half hours in the hair salon." Y/n explained. Is that a thing for girls to spend a long time at the hair salon? I mean, I understand that when I highlighted the tips of my hair a week after arriving in Arcadia Oaks.

"Do you not like it?" Y/n asked.

"Oh, I love it. I could get used to it." I replied. "Why'd you dye your hair?" I asked.

"I thought that I should play with my hair a little, even though it'll damage my roots but I thought my hair could use some color." Y/n replied.

"Won't you be suspended or something?" I asked.

"The lectures don't really care about your hair color but are really strict with dress code so yeah." Y/n replied. Throughout dinner when y/n was telling me about gossip in school, I continuously stared at y/n. Even though her hair was no longer just one color, it was beautiful.

"Do I have something on me?" Y/n asked, looking up at me staring at her.

"Two words, ethereal beauty." I smirked. I watched y/n's cheeks turn red through her blush as I chuckled.

"Are you just going to spend the rest of the evening staring at me?" Y/n asked.

"Yes." I simply replied.

Inspiration: