3: We meet again (His pov)

While cleaning up the café after the rush hour, the bell at the door every time someone enters rang, indicating someone entering.

"Aww, aren't you the cutest?" I heard someone. Wait that voice sounded familiar. Is that... As I turned around, there she was, bending down to pet Archie. She really is a cat person. I watched her go up to the counter to order what she wanted while I continued sweeping the floors. As I watched her sit down, I was being called to serving people again.

"For the young lady there." My colleague pointed. I nodded as I took a tray and placed whatever she ordered before heading to her table.

"So, we meet again. Arcadia sure is a small town." I spoke. She looked up and gasped, "Oh, hey I didn't know you work here."

"Part time. Here's your red velvet cake and a medium hot matcha latte." I replied, placing whatever she ordered on the table.

"Thank you." Y/n smiled. I just love it when she smiles, she's like a ray of sunshine, knowing how to cheer people up. Archie rubbed against my legs as she commented, "The cat seems to like you a lot."

"He is my cat actually. He follows me everywhere I go." I explained.

"Oh, and everyone here is alright with this?" Y/n asked.

"Yeah, this café is pet friendly." I explained as she nodded slowly.

"My friend recommended me this place so I decided to try out the things here." Y/n explained.

'Huh, so that's how she found this café.' I thought.

"Boy." My supervisor called as I excused myself. She nodded as I went up to him.

"Why don't you take a break for now and talk to her." He insisted.

"Uh, what if-"

"No worries, Matt can take your spot for the time being." He smiled, pointing at my co-worker. "You keep staring at her from afar. Why don't you talk to her." He continued. I thought for a while before nodding and taking the seat opposite y/n.

"Aren't you supposed to be on the lookout for any customers who come in not sitting down with me for tea?" Y/n questioned as I chuckled. She sure is a funny girl.

"My supervisor let me off for now. The café isn't that busy during this hour so I have some spare time. If you don't mind." I explained.

"Of course I don't mind." Y/n smiled. Archie climbed up onto my lap as y/n continued petting him.

"How did you find him?" Y/n asked. Oh wait, I can't tell her that I lived in Camelot centuries ago and I found Archie in the woods. I can't tell her that I'm a wizard just yet, she'll probably freak out. I have to think of another reason.

"I- uh found him on the streets, as a kitten. It was raining one day and he was laying a cardboard box, drenched and cold. I couldn't help it so I took him back to my place to care for him." I explained. Her smile sank as she sympathised, "Aww, poor guy. At least it's good to see him looking healthy and well." We fell silent for a while as y/n continued eating her cake.

"The cakes here are really delicious, I think I'll be coming here more often." Y/n commented.

"Always loved the cakes here too. During off-peak hours my supervisor lets me and the other workers steal a few extra cakes in the pantry." I explained as y/n chuckled. As y/n was finishing up her cake and latte, she stood up and smiled, "Well, nice finding out you work here."

"Don't worry about this, I'll clean it up." I insisted as I stood up too, clearing the table before taking the used plate and cup to the kitchen. Wait, I almost forgot, her number! As she was about to leave, I ran up to her, "Wait!"

"Did I forget something?" Y/n asked, turning around.

"No, uh I mean-"

"Ah-ah, I know what you want." Y/n interrupted me.

"Y-you do?" I asked as she nodded. She took out her phone and opened a new contact before handing it to me.

"You want my number, don't you?" Y/n asked. How does she know? I nodded slowly as I took her phone and keyed in my number. I gave her my phone so she could do the same. Finally, we've exchanged numbers!

"How did you know I wanted your number?" I asked, handing her phone back to y/n. She passed my phone back and replied, "A guy's first instinct after meeting a girl and not seeing her for weeks without her number is to ask for her number, obviously." She... she knows what us boys are thinking? It's like she can read our minds.

"Um... uh..."

"See you around Douxie!" She smiled as she left the café. It felt like cupid just shot an arrow directly at my heart as I continued watching y/n crossing the road.

'The next question to ask her is a meal. Lunch, dinner, or somewhere we can hang out.' I thought.