33: When you get your period

Anyone else (the girlies) hate getting their periods?? 

Y/n's pov:

One thing that I hate is periods, and I'm sure most girls relate. The first few days of the menstrual cycle is hell. Cramping, fatigue, headaches are three words I can use to describe the first few days of my period. Since I slept on Douxie's bed the previous night, I had to make sure that there wasn't any red stain on his bedsheet or else he would kill me, or not. Worst thing is that I didn't have any pads on me because I didn't know it would come today, I just knew it would come somewhere during the week.

After I made a make-shift pad with toilet paper, I snuck out of the bathroom and to Douxie's room to check my side of the bed to see whether there were any red stains. As I removed the quilt, I sighed in relief to find the bed still clean. I packed up my things and started to cook breakfast for Douxie and I.

"Good morning my princess." I felt two arms wrap around me while making crepes as I felt my cheeks heating up.

"Morning. At least you're not spending the whole day lazing in bed." I teased.

"I was still jet-lagged from yesterday." Douxie whined.

"Really, you seem fine right now." I looked up at him. Once the crepes were done, I scooped them onto an individual plate for the two of us as I got some ingredients to add in the crepe before wrapping it.

"Alright, breakfast is served." I said, pushing Douxie's plate to the other side of the counter top. He let go of me and took a bite of the crepe.

"Wow, this is really good. Do you make this a lot?" Douxie asked.

"Not really, I just haven't made it in a while." I replied. "Oh, I need to stop by the pharmacy later. I need to get some things." I continued.

"The pharmacy? Oh no, are you sick? Is my baby alright?" Douxie became concern as he started feeling my forehead. It was nice to know he cares a lot about me.

"No, no. I'm alright. Some girl things you probably won't understand." I replied. Bet this guy doesn't even know what a pad is since he came from Camelot as mentioned by Archie and has never had a girlfriend before. Douxie calmed down and agreed to take me to the pharmacy.

Douxie's pov:

I wondered what y/n meant by 'girl things you probably won't understand'. Nonetheless, I agreed to take y/n to the pharmacy to get her things. When y/n and I were at the pharmacy, she pulled me into this lane that had a lot of packages as y/n browsed through each packaging carefully.

"What's all this babe?" I asked.

"They're something I need for my period." She replied. That's a new term, I wonder what that means. Since it was a girl's thing, I decided to ask my band mates about it and they gave me a whole explanation and personal guide on how to take care of your girlfriend when this happens and they sent me a long essay.

Apparently, this occurs once every month in all girls and it lasts for about 28 days. During this period of time, they may experience cramps, headaches, cravings and extreme mood swings. The things that y/n was looking at are supposed to prevent stains everywhere including her clothes. I noticed there were different brands and different sizes of pads, smaller ones for day and bigger ones for night. There are also even smaller ones called liners which are mostly used towards the end of their period. My band mates also added that during the first few days of her period, y/n may have excruciating cramps and it's advised to get a heat pack for her or a nice stomach rub, and if I don't want to piss my girlfriend even more, I had to buy everything she likes to calm her down. However, I couldn't give her anything that is cold like ice cream, soft drinks or cold desserts as those can make their cramps worse. But of course, when extreme mood swings and heavy cravings come in together, the girls end up eating something cold and get really bad cramps the next day.