31: When he comes back from vacation

Y/n's pov:

Finally! The day Douxie comes back to Arcadia. For some reason, 5 days went by pretty fast. I was at the airport saying goodbye to him 5 days ago and we just talked yesterday and now he's coming back. Well, unfortunately since it's a Friday today, I still had to go to school in the day but since I didn't have anything else going on after school, I could pack my bag and drop my things off at Douxie's apartment before heading to the airport.

"Y/n, you promise you and Douxie won't lose your virginity tonight, right?" Mom asked, peeking her head into my room.

"Mom, like I said. I'm not ready to have a kid just yet, I'm only 18 and with Douxie working 3 jobs in Arcadia, it's impossible for him to fund for me and the baby." I groaned.

"Alright, alright, just giving a reminder because you know what happens to teenagers who lose their virginity at a young age." Mom explained.

"Okay, I'm just gonna put this conversation to an end right now." I said. "I, y/n Lake promise to not lose my virginity tonight to Douxie." I swore.

"That's my girl. Enjoy yourself at Douxie's place but don't enjoy yourself too much." Mom held onto my cheek.

"I'll tell you what I did tomorrow." I reassured. "I have to drop my things off at Douxie's apartment before meeting up with his band mates' girlfriends for dinner." I continued, leaving my room with mom following behind.

"Should I drive you? I'm heading to the hospital to take someone's shift now." Mom insisted as I agreed.

~

"Phew, what a good dinner we girls had without our boyfriends." Ruby commented as we exited the restaurant we had dinner at.

"It's still early, we should walk around for a while before heading to the arrival gate." I suggested. Ruby, Kasumi and I went to take more strip pictures at the photobooths lined up at the side of a level in the mall, did some window shopping because we're practically broke now and took some pictures at the highest level in the mall near the tallest waterfall that's built inside. As time passed, the crowd in the mall also died down and it was our sign to find our boyfriends.

"Oh, they've landed already." Kasumi showed Ruby and I a message Nat sent to her.

"Belt 56, and it's quite a distance from where we are at right now." I said, glancing at the belt number next to the three of us which was 43 and 44.

"We'll just briskly walk to belt 56 I guess." Ruby suggested as the three of us started walking quickly to the belt. Once we reached the belt, we waited outside for the passengers of the flight to get their bags.

"Oh, I think I see them." Kasumi pointed as Ruby and I scrambled to see whether they were waving at us and they were.

"Woah, what is Douxie holding?" Ruby asked.

"Wait a minute, is that? Oh my gosh, no freaking way!" I exclaimed after I finally could see what Douxie was holding.

Douxie's pov:

A long flight from Europe back to Arcadia that took almost 5 hours and I missed home. I also couldn't wait to give y/n the plush toy she has always wanted but could never find it in Arcadia. Once Nat, Noah and I got off the plane and went through immigration, we went to the conveyer belt we were supposed to go to.

"Oh, I see my princess there." Nat pointed. I looked up to see Kasumi waving at us and then gesturing to someone. Ruby and y/n came up next to her as Ruby pointed at me. Yeah, I was holding the penguin plush toy which might have given it away to y/n. My luggage came out first as I waited for Nat and Noah to get theirs.

"Alright, back to reality boys. Where should we go next?" Noah asked.

"I might know this sunny place that our girls would love." Nat replied. "It's in Asia, called Bali." He continued.

"Oh, some influencers have been there, looks fun." I said. "Yeah, let's save up for our next trip." I continued. As the three of us exited the conveyer belts, I could see y/n running up to me, Ruby and Kasumi running up to Noah and Nat respectively.

"I told you 5 days would go by quickly." I said.

"I missed you, dork." Y/n muttered.

"I missed you more my princess." I chuckled. "And I have another friend for you." I continued, holding up the penguin plush toy I bought. Y/n let go of me as she gasped, "No way, I've always wanted this but Arcadia doesn't have it."

"I found it at a store in Europe when me and the guys went sight-seeing and I thought the plush toy reminded me of you." I explained. Y/n squealed as she flung herself onto me, thanking me a million times.

 "Hey Big D, want some dessert?" Nat asked

"You guys go ahead, I have other plans with my girl." I replied.

"Oh, see you soon Big D. See you y/n." Nat and Noah waved to the both of us.

"Bye y/n, see you next time!" Kasumi and Ruby waved.

"Bye everyone!" Y/n waved as she and I went to the taxi stand to flag down a taxi.

"I have a surprise for you when we get to your apartment." Y/n told me.

"Really, and what is it?" I asked.

"Mmm, you'll know later." Y/n replied, snuggling close to me.

~

When the taxi pulled up at the sidewalk of my apartment, y/n was about to open the door on her side when I quickly stopped her.

"What are you on about?" Y/n asked.

"This side is safer." I replied, opening the door facing the lift lobby of my apartment. As I got out, I stuck out a hand for y/n as she accepted it. Princess treatment they say gives girls millions of butterflies.

"You've been acting really cheesy lately. What's going on?" Y/n asked. I paid the driver the fare and tipped him extra as I replied, "Nothing, I'm just being me." As y/n and I stood outside the door of my apartment, I sighed in relief. Oh, how have I missed my apartment.

"Do you think Archie misses me?" I asked. That cat probably doesn't, he has a lot of sass in him. He probably doesn't care that I left for 5 days. Y/n shrugged as I unlocked the door to my apartment.

"Arch!" I called. A black fuzzball was seen running up to my feet as he rubbed his body against my legs. I bent down to pet him as he purred. He then rubbed himself against y/n as I put down my things and wheeled my luggage to my room.

"Oh, by the way, what's this surprise I'm getting?" I asked.

"Guess what, you're getting a roommate for tonight." Y/n replied. A roommate, really?

"Really? Who?" I asked.

"If you see that backpack on the floor, you'll know who is your new roommate." Y/n replied, pointing at a black backpack sitting on the floor. I turned back into my room and noticed the backpack on the floor.

"Wait, this looks familiar. Wait..." I muttered. I stood up instantly and turned back to see y/n smiling at me.

"Surprise, I'll be your roommate for tonight." Y/n simply responded.