37: When you get jealous

Douxie's pov:

"Team, I would like you guys to meet our first female employer Vicky." My supervisor announced. The café I worked at didn't have any female employees for the past few months after 2 of them resigned because they had to go back to school to continue their studies. Ever since then, no new employees came in, both male and female.

"Hi boys, I'm Vicky. My friends call me Vick for short." Vicky introduced herself. She had brunette hair with blonde highlights and dark brown eyes, darker than my eye color.

"Douxie, you'll give a little tour of the place to Vicky and teach her how everything works here." My supervisor instructed as I nodded. Vicky came up to me as I started giving a tour of the place to her even though the café was a little small.

"During break times, we usually just hang out within this area here." I pointed at the lounge chairs as Vicky nodded. Since she was new, my supervisor told me to let her wash the dishes as a start before she could start making the drinks.

"Don't worry, it's only one week where you wash the dishes for a start. I was also like this when I started." I explained.

"It's alright, I'm used to washing the dishes back at home." Vicky told me. As I heard the bell ring when the door opens, I immediately turned to the cashier to take someone's order. When the lunch crowd died down, I took out the dishes for Vicky who was washing the last few dishes.

"Sorry if I'm loading you with more dishes to wash." I apologized.

"Nah, it's totally fine. I got this." Vicky replied. I then sat at the lounge chairs and scrolled through social media. Suddenly, I heard a loud crash as I immediately stood up to see what happened.

"Ah, apologies, butter fingers." Vicky apologized, picking up the broken pieces of glass in the sink. Her hands had cuts and blood was oozing out of the cuts.

"Woah, woah, you should take a break now. Matteo can clean that up." I insisted. Vicky nodded as she sat on one of the lounge chairs. I grabbed a first-aid kit and started treating her wounds.

"This might sting a little so bear with me." I said as I used a cotton pad to wipe off the blood. She winced a little as she thanked me for helping her.

"Is it alright if I ask you something? Something personal?" Vicky asked.

"Sure, ask away." I replied, putting a plaster on one of the cuts on Vicky's hand.

"Are you into guys or girls?" Vicky asked. What a weird question to ask. I didn't know what to respond but I had to tell her the truth in case she was interested in me.

"I have a girlfriend so I guess I'm more of into girls." I replied.

"Oh, you have a girlfriend? How does she look like?" Vicky asked. Once I have treated Vicky's wounds, I showed her a picture of y/n. Vicky gasped as she commented, "I have seen her on TikTok a few times and I saw her at the music festival. She performed a cover of 'Hey Mama' and she was awesome."

"You went to that festival? No way, I was there with a few of my friends watching her performance. She's one of my friend's older sister and that's where I started to get interested in her." I said. The both of us started getting to know each other better and turns out she goes to the same school as Jim and the gang and was working part-time after school to help with her family finances.

Y/n's pov:

Since it was lunch break at school and we could go out to get food, I decided to get my usual red velvet cake to take-away. As I entered the café, the first thing I saw was Douxie laughing and smiling with a brunette who had blonde highlights. You have got to be kidding me, he told me he was working for the whole day and now he ditches work to go out with a brunette with blonde highlights?