10: When he meets your friends

Y/n's pov:

"Hey y/n! It's been a while!" Paris ran up to me and embraced me.

"Hi, how have you been?" I asked.

"I've been alright. Where's everyone else?" Paris asked.

"They'll be running a little late but we should save everyone a place first." I suggested as the two of us entered the café first before combining three tables together. I caught sight of Douxie serving customers and groaned silently. Great, I just had a weird dream about him the previous night and now he's here.

"Hey, hey, hey girls!" Selena came in with Yuri and Krystal behind as we all exchange hugs with each other after not seeing each other for a while. Little introduction of my friends, Yuri is currently studying law, Krystal and Paris are studying medicine and Selena is studying business and media. Selena, Yuri and I were best friends since middle school and our friendship blossomed when Krystal and Paris came into our friend group.

"So, girls, what should we eat?" Krystal asked.

"You guys should try the red velvet cake here, it's really nice." I suggested.

"The pies here look good too." Yuri added. "I recommend the chicken, beef and apple pie here." She continued. After all of us decided what we wanted, Yuri and Selena went up to the counter to order our treats.

"So, how has everyone been?" Krystal asked.

"I've been well." Selena replied.

"Me too." Paris replied.

"Well, I bumped into y/n really early this morning." Yuri replied, placing an arm around me.

"Please don't tell them about my weird dream with 'D'." I whispered.

"What happened y/n?" Selena asked.

"I had the weirdest dream where I was living in a world of talking food." I lied. There was no way I'm telling everyone about the weird dream I had about Douxie if not everyone's going to ask about him. Everyone stared at me with confusion screaming in their eyes as I nervously chuckled.

"Okay, I have to admit, that is one heck of a weird dream you have." Paris commented.

"I know. And then these weird, talking food were whispering my name and bowing down to me like I was the queen of their kingdom or something." I explained.

"Is that red flag still following you around town?" Selena asked.

"No. But I saw him at the mall a week ago when I was shopping for my cousin's birthday present." I replied.

"And then?" Yuri asked.

"I hid at the side for a while until he walked past me then I left." I replied. Obviously that didn't happen but I couldn't risk them knowing I had Douxie with me that time. Our drinks and food came as the five of us started eating.

"Woah, the stuff here really are good." Paris commented.

"Yeah, this place Yuri recommended has the best stuff." Selena added.

"You're welcome girls." Yuri smiled.

"Hey, look here girls." Krystal held out her phone as we posed for a few pictures.

"Are any of you ladies missing out a matcha latte?" Oh great, he's here. I looked up to see Douxie holding a tray. He also caught sight of me as the both of us just stared at each other without saying anything. Keep. Your. Cool. Y/n.

"Yeah, over here!" Krystal pointed as Douxie went over to Krystal and placed her drink on the table as he left.

"You seemed to be interested in that guy who came to our table." Selena teased.

"Sel, please." I groaned.

"Well, I mean when I came here the past few times he wasn't working here. I think he's new." Yuri suspected.

"I know him. He's my friend." I confessed. "He was friends with a group of juniors from Arcadia Oaks High who are also my friends and they signed me up for this music festival a month back and I performed and then that's when I got to know him. A few weeks after the festival I learnt that he works here." I explained.

"But you two are just friends, right?" Yuri asked as I nodded. "Y/n. Bathroom. I need to ask you something." She continued as I followed Yuri to the bathroom where she proceeded to ask, "Is this person nicknamed 'D' him?" I was silent, I didn't want my best friend for 5 years to know about my weird dream involving Douxie.

"You can tell me y/n, it'll be our secret." Yuri reassured. I nodded slowly as she pulled me into a hug.

"I really thought I was done with relationships but when I met him everything just took a different turn." I explained, letting my tears pour out. I really was falling for Douxie at this point.

"It's okay. It's normal to like someone. Besides, I'm sure if you and this person 'D' actually end up together, he'll treat you better than that red flag." Yuri comforted. "Come on, get a grip. You like him, don't you?" She asked as I nodded.

"No more questions, dry those eyes now. Let's head back to the others now." Yuri insisted. I washed my face and re-applied my make-up before heading back to the table with Yuri.

"You should go talk to him later when all of us are gone, alright?" Yuri whispered as I nodded.

"Hey, there you two are. What happened?" Selena asked.

"Oh, nothing. Yuri was asking me for advice on how she can help one of her college mates deal with an annoying ex." I made an excuse.

"Yeah, and y/n's response was funny. She told me to tell her to hit him with a frying pan." Yuri added as all of us started laughing hysterically.

"Oh man, you should have done that with red flag too." Paris laughed.

"I did. Millions of times in my dreams." I laughed as everyone else continued laughing. It's true, there are even more brutal things I did to my ex in my dreams. I call it, 'revenge after regret'. After hanging out for a while, the girls decided to head back.

"It's nice seeing you girls again." Selena spoke.

"We need more girl's day out like this." Krystal suggested.

"See you girls again." I smiled.

"Nice seeing you again y/n." Paris smiled as she ran up to me to embrace me one last time along with everyone else. At least spending time with my girl friends made me forget the weird, dirty I had the previous night and now, I wasn't afraid of facing Douxie.

"See you next time ladies." Douxie smiled.

"Hey, what are you-"

"Shh. I'm just being friendly." Douxie replied.

"Ah, so this must be your friend y/n." Selena teased.

"Sel!" My voice screeched. "Yeah, this is my friend Douxie." I introduced.

"You certainly have taste in men y/n." Krystal commented.

"Krystal!" I groaned.

"We're just friends, that's all. Have a nice day ladies." Douxie smiled and waved to my friends.

"See you again y/n." The girls waved as they left. Well... that was awkward, was it?

"... 'You certainly have taste in men'." Douxie teased. I rolled my eyes as I punched Douxie on the shoulder.

"Shut up. Go back to work buddy." I ordered. "Anyways, see you next time." I continued as I left the café. It feels good to tease him sometimes.