36: When you show your hidden talent

A special chapter because I study Chinese. Also, don't worry, there are english translations to all the non-Chinese speakers. 

Y/n's pov:

Only a few people know this hidden talent. A few people being my brother, my mom, Claire, Aja, Krel and my high school best friends. Other than English, I'm fluent in Mandarin too. The reason why I know how to speak a little bit of Mandarin is because I have a cousin from China who is visiting and taught me a bit of Mandarin. Why I chose to learn Mandarin out of the many other languages in the world I could learn? Well, I don't really have a real reason why I want to learn it, I just wanted to after watching a Chinese movie my cousin recommended me to watch.

Anyways, when we got our room, we ordered some finger food and we started singing our hearts out. Me and the girls picked out our first song to sing as a trio which was a K-pop song. While the guys had a song dedicated to us girls, I snuck in a Chinese song after their cued song. I was addicted to the song and learnt how to sing it one day.

"Uh, who cued this song with some weird characters?" Ruby asked.

"I did. They're Chinese characters." I replied. Everyone looked at me in confusion as I explained how I learnt a bit of Mandarin from my cousin and practiced on my own at home when I have spare time. As the song I cued started to play, I picked up a mic and started my solo performance.

情人(Lover)- Kelly Poon

我(wǒ)依(yī)然(rán)是(shì)你(nǐ)的(de)情(qíng)人(rén)

I'm still your lover

我(wǒ)依(yī)然(rán)爱(ài)你(nǐ)最(zuì)深(shēn)

I still love you the most

我(wǒ)认(rèn)真(zhēn)我(wǒ)承(chéng)认(rèn)

I'm serious, I admit it

一(yí)个(gè)人(rén)的(de)我(wǒ)不(bù)可(kě)能(néng)不(bù)可(kě)能(néng)更(gèng)快(kuài)乐(lè)

It is impossible for me to be happier alone

你(nǐ)还(hái)在(zài)我(wǒ)的(de)眼(yǎn)中(zhōng)

You are still in my eyes

拥抱(yōngbào)著(zhù)你(nǐ)怎么(zěnme)会(huì)寂寞(jìmò)

Hugging you, how can you be lonely?

面对(miànduì)我(wǒ)爱(ài)你(nǐ)的(de)小动作(xiǎodòngzuò)

Face the little gestures I love you with

除了(chúle)熟悉(shúxī)缺点(quēdiǎn)什么(shénme)

Apart from being familiar with the shortcomings

I'm still loving you

让(ràng)拥(yōng)抱(bào)取(qǔ)代(dài)了(le)问(wèn)号(hào)让(ràng)心(xīn)跳(tiào)身(shēn)不(bù)由(yóu)己(jǐ)爆(bào)

Let the hug replace the question mark, let the heart burst involuntarily

I'm still loving you

燃起(ránqǐ)那些(nàxiē)记忆(jìyì)中(zhōng)的(de)美好(měihǎo)

To ignite those beautiful memories

我(wǒ)依然(yīrán)是(shì)你(nǐ)的(de)情人(qíngrén)

I'm still your lover

我(wǒ)依然(yīrán)爱(ài)你(nǐ)最(zuì)深(shēn)

I still love you the most

你(nǐ)的(de)唇(chún)你(nǐ)的(de)吻(wěn)