6: When you go out with him

Your pov:   

Oh my gosh, going out with Douxie for the first time, what should I wear? One thing I have to ask myself when I'm going out with a friend, be it a guy or a girl, is what to wear? Casual? Simple? Soft? The outfit ideas go on. And every time this happens, my room becomes the aftermath of a war on the battlefield, a huge mess.

"Nope."

"Nuh-uh."

"Definitely not."

"Ew."

"I wore this last week."

"Not feeling it." Those common words and phrases I always use whenever I'm picking my outfit. Also, you have to get up early to get ready, find an outfit to wear, do your make-up lightly and taking note of when the bus comes so you'll reach the location at least 5-10 minutes before the meeting time. After almost half-an-hour of searching for something to wear, I decided to just wear a shirt tucked in a pair of jeans shorts, simple since I'm not going anywhere fancy. Of course, after making a mess in my room, I clean it up and proceeded with my make-up.

"Oh wait." I muttered as I grabbed my cap and put it on, just in case someone I don't wish to see shows up unexpectedly.

"And that'll do." I muttered, combing my hair with my fingers and checking myself in the mirror. I looked down at my phone and noticed the time.

"Well, I overshot by a few minutes but I hope he doesn't mind." I said, taking my bag with whatever I need inside before leaving my room.

"Mom, I'm heading off now." I called from downstairs.

"She left for her shift already." Jim started.

"What, that's early. Need me to buy lunch for you little bro?" I asked.

"It's fine, I'm going out with Toby, Claire and Darci." Jim replied.

"Another double date I assume?" I asked as Jim nodded.

"Well, go enjoy yourself and I shall see you later in the evening." I said, leaving the house first before rushing to the bus stop.

Douxie's pov

Today is the day. My first... date? No wait, friendly outing with a girl. We agreed to meet after the lunch crowd died down even thought it was the weekend. Since the previous night I returned home late, I decided to sleep in a little this morning and woke up at 10.

"Took you long enough to wake up, where's my salmon?" Archie questioned.

"Give me a break Arch." I rubbed my eyes as I made breakfast for Archie and myself before hitting the showers. Unlike girls who need time to get ready, all I have to do is shower, brush my teeth, comb out my hair, pick the usual clothes I wear and then I'm out of the house.

"Can y/n come over please." Archie begged.

"You really like her huh Arch?" I asked as I was about to head out as my familiar nodded.

"I'll ask her if she wants to come over but if she can't, maybe next time, alright?" I said as Archie nodded.

"Fine, go enjoy your little meet-up with y/n then." Archie said. Such a mood, that fuzzball. I exited my apartment and prepared myself to meet her again. As I reached the meeting point just on the dot, y/n wasn't anywhere to be seen.

'Do girls really take that long to get ready?' I thought as I stood near the entrance of the mall to wait for her.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, did I make you wait for long?" I heard her panting as she came up to me, trying to catch her breath.

"Woah, woah, woah, easy there. You could have told me you were running late instead of rushing here." I said.

"Sorry, I just didn't want you to wait that long." Y/n apologized. "Never mind that, shall we head in now?" She asked as I agreed. Both of us entered the mall and oh man, the mall she picked had a lot of levels.

"From a pre-teen's boy's perspective, what do you think he'll like?" Y/n asked.

"Um, sports shoes maybe? Clothes?" I threw in random answers.

"Ah, why didn't I think of shoes?" Y/n exclaimed, pulling me to the first store.

"Exactly how old is your cousin turning?" I asked.

"14." Y/n replied. "Which is one do you think he'll like?" She showed me two pairs of shoes of the same design but different colour. Boy, this reminds me of girls asking guys which top is better.

"I think the black and white one is nice." I pointed at the black and white coloured shoe. Y/n requested for a new piece before paying for it.

"Okay, now I need a birthday card to go with the gift." Y/n said. "I think I saw a gift shop upstairs. Those shops usually have cards." She continued.

"Can we stop by somewhere for a small bite, I'm getting a little hungry now." I insisted.

"Sure, what are you thinking of- hide!" Y/n suddenly dragged me into a corner that led to the restrooms.

"Woah, what's going on?" I asked.