5: When he calls you

Douxie's pov:

Now that I finally have her contact, what should I do with it? Other than texting. Oh wait, calling. Wait, no, what if I screw something up like say the wrong thing or something weird, she'll be weirded out by it.

"See you tomorrow boy." My supervisor waved to me as I headed back to my apartment. As I entered my apartment, Archie immediately ran to his play tower while I lazed on the couch, turning on the television. I got up to microwave my dinner and I sat back on the couch and watched whatever programme was showing.

"I really like that girl who came by today." Archie started. Yep, I know what you're thinking. He's a cat who can talk. Well, not just any random talking cat. He's something called a familiar or an associate. It's kind of like your pet but he helps me with the art of magic. Cat's out of the bag I guess, I'm actually a wizard.

"She gives the best chin scratches." Archie comments. Typical cat behaviour.

"Arch, what should I do? Should I call her or ask her out or something?" I asked. He jumped up next to me and replied, "I think you should call her."

"But what do I talk about? Sweet talking her would probably make her uncomfortable, especially if she just broke up with someone for example." I replied.

"Douxie, old pal. Just give her a call, you shouldn't just assume she just broke up with someone or is in a relationship in the first place." Archie suggested. I thought for a while before agreeing to do it.

"Before you call her, I'd very much want a roasted salmon right now." Archie ordered. Gee, him and his obsession with salmon. I groaned as I stood up and roasted a salmon for him before cutting it up into bite sized pieces for the fuzzball. After placing his plate of salmon near his water bowl, I took a quick shower and hopped into my comfortable bed. While scrolling through social media, contemplating whether I should call y/n or not, I decided I do it. It was now or never. I hesitantly pressed her contact and waited for an answer.

"Hey, what's up?" She picked up. Okay Douxie, act normal.

"Nothing, I'm just a little bored at the moment. Got off work, made myself dinner and now I'm back in my apartment chilling." I replied. "Anything interesting happened to you today?" I asked.

"Me? Well, nothing interesting happened, other than learning that you work part time at a café." Y/n replied. "Oh, I forgot to ask, what's the name of your cat?" She asked.

"Archie." I replied.

"Oh, not bad of a name for a black cat. He's absolutely adorable." Y/n commented. "I've always wanted a pet but you know my house has any space for pet food or toys." She continued.

"Well, just curious, if you ever get your own place would you consider getting a pet?" I asked.

"Hmm, maybe. It'll depend on the size of my place you know." Y/n replied. The silence came in again as we didn't know what else to talk about. Oh boy, I knew calling her was a bad idea.

"Are you still there?" Y/n asked.

"Yes, yes. I just- I just didn't know what else to say." I replied as she chuckled on the other line.

"Are you hiding something? Something you want to ask me but you're too scared to do it?" Y/n asked. Gosh, how does she know what I'm up to, it's like she's living under my skin or something.

"No. No, course not." I denied.

"I was wondering, are you working this weekend?" Y/n asked. Well, that escalated quickly.

"Um, only on Sunday I think, what's up?" I replied.

"I need your help with something. My cousin's birthday is next week and I don't know what to get him." Y/n explained. Oh, so this is not 'Wanna go for lunch?' sort of thing.

"Uh sure." I agreed to help out.

"Cause, you know boys. Sometimes I don't know what they actually like. Especially when he's a pre-teen. Some toys are a little too childish for him and who gives books to him on birthdays ugh. It's cool if you're not interested, I can always-"

"I said sure. We'll go search for your cousin's birthday present together." I interrupted y/n, not being rude of course.

"Really? Thank you so much! Drinks are my treat. Is Saturday alright for you?" Y/n asked.

"Yeah, it's alright." I replied.

"Great! See you then! Thank you again Douxie." Y/n thanked.

"No problem. See you on Saturday." I said.

"See ya!" She said, hanging up. I sighed in relief, laying back on my pillow. Well, that went better than expected. Sure it wasn't 'Oh, let's go for lunch' sort of thing but a drink with her and birthday shopping for her cousin is enough for me.