25: When he confesses (Your pov)

This is where the boyfriend scenarios come in:)) 

Y/n's pov:

As I reached the beach early on a Saturday evening, I watched the families and their kids lounging by the water, a group of teenagers and college kids playing in the water and the smell of barbeque wafting through the air. I laid out the picnic mat and unpacked all the food that I brought which were pastries that I made, requested by Douxie.

"Hey, I found us a spot already, where are you?" I asked when Douxie called.

"I'm reaching soon, just have to find you now. Oh wait, I found you already." Douxie replied, hanging up after he saw me. I turned to see Douxie walking towards me as I waved to get his attention.

"You have been fully recovered already, right?" Douxie asked.

"Yes, I was already cured on Tuesday." I replied. "What'd you bring buddy?" I asked. As Douxie sat down and unpacked everything, I immediately found something familiar as I exclaimed, "You brought matcha latte from the café?"

"It is your favourite. I know you love the drinks at the café anyway." Douxie replied. "I also made some sandwiches. Choose which one you prefer, egg mayonnaise or tuna." He continued.

"Egg mayo has been my favourite." I replied, taking one of the rectangular sandwiches.

"Oh, and I learnt how to make seafood fried rice after finding the easiest recipe on the internet." Douxie took out a small box and opened it.

"Woah, it smells good." I commented.

"I tasted it too, it's amazing." Douxie added as I took a spoon and tasted it.

"Mm, you're right, it does taste good. Not bad for a guitarist to be a chef." I nudged. "Oh, I also made some macaroons the day I was feeling much better and some cookies." I opened the boxes I laid out earlier. As Douxie took a bite of the macaroon, his eyes instantly lit up as I chuckled.

"What flavour is this?" Douxie asked, holding up a blue macaroon.

"Butterfly pea, a new flavour I wanted to try." I replied. "There are other flavours like red velvet, strawberry and vanilla." I continued.

"All these taste so good." Douxie commented. "These must have taken a lot of time to make." He continued.

"And that is a fact. But I have some leftovers at home after giving some to my friends." I said. As Douxie and I watched the sun slowly set, we would talk about our week, take some photos of the sunset and watch the teenagers play in the water.

"This actually is nice, I think we should do this with the gang next time." I said.

"Yeah, we definitely should." Douxie nodded. We were both silent for a while as I took a sip of my matcha latte. Why does this always happen to us, we were talking about something for a while and the next moment, we run out of things to talk about. I turned to see Douxie looking a little nervous as I asked him, "What are you thinking about?"

"I- nothing." Douxie was about to explain something but quickly shoved the matter aside.

"Come on, you can tell me anything." I begged.

"See, there is a girl that I like but I don't know if she feels the same." Douxie explained.

"Ooh, already having a crush? Aren't you already the ladies' man thanks to your looks and your charm." I teased.

"It's different. I've never actually had a crush before." Douxie said. "Anyways, I found this poem on TikTok and I'm not sure if the girl I plan to confess to will like it." He continued.