19: When you have dinner with him

Douxie's pov:

"How could I forget the fact that y/n is coming over for dinner tonight!" I exclaimed, scrambling to clean my apartment, picking up the dirty clothes scattered all over the place, rearranging my messy bed from this morning, clearing the trash.

"I thought you knew about this the day she said she'll come over?" Archie asked.

"I know, but because of work, it slipped off my mind." I said. Once I was done cleaning up the place, the doorbell rang. Just nice, I finished cleaning up my apartment.

"Coming!" I yelled, running to the door. As I opened the door, I saw y/n holding a few plastic bags as I immediately took the bags from her hands and invited her in.

"Well, this is a nice apartment you have." Y/n commented. "Don't mind me, I had to stop by the store earlier to get the things you wanted me to get." She continued.

"I'm sorry I should have gotten them instead of-"

"No, no, seriously, it's fine. You have back-to-back shifts and barely have time for grocery shopping." Y/n interrupted me. She then caught sight of Archie and immediately went up to carry him. Looks like my cat is more of the ladies' man than me.

"Anything in mind you'd like to eat?" Y/n asked.

"I'll eat anything you make." I replied.

"Ooh, never heard anyone say that before. Usually, they'll specially request something special for me to make for them." Y/n shrugged as she tied up her hair and started cooking. Archie then came up to me and nodded his head towards my bedroom. I was confused at first but then remembered that y/n will freak out if she learnt that Archie could talk.

"I'll be in my room if you need me." I stood up and headed to my room with Archie trotting in front of me.

"What is it? You know I can't let y/n know you can talk yet, she'll freak out." I whispered.

"I know but you should learn to cook too instead of just making instant ramen or microwaving microwavable food." Archie chided. Here we go again.

"At least I can roast salmon for you, make my own eggs on toast in the morning and make fruit smoothies." I said.

"Those are all the basics. You should learn more, like cutting, dicing, frying." Archie suggested. Woah, how does he know so many cooking terms?

"Alright, alright, I will learn more when I have the time. You know how busy I get to pay off bills for this apartment and our daily necessities." I reminded Archie of how I worked my butt off to afford all our comfort.

"Dinner's ready!" I heard y/n calling from outside.

"Coming! One sec!" I yelled back. "We will speak of this later when she's gone home." I turned to Archie.

"Fine, I'm curious to taste a girl's cooking at salmon." Archie brushed past me. Cattitude. As I exited my room, I saw y/n put a few dishes on the small table in front of the television. Looks like she didn't cook much too. Oh, but the smell is mouth-watering.

"I was surprised your cat doesn't eat the normal type of cat kibble but roasted salmon instead." Y/n commented. Oh no, she's getting suspicious now.

"Uh, Archie isn't like most cats. He prefers fish over kibble you see." I explained. Totally a lie, Archie hates normal cat kibble. When we both landed in Arcadia and I bought him cat kibble to try, he took one small piece of kibble and spat it out before dumping the whole bowl on my head. Wonderful. And he claimed that he'll be on a salmon diet forever from then on.