23: When you get hangover

Y/n's pov:

That party last night was crazy and I barely remembered a thing. All I knew was that I probably slept for half the day. When I was finally conscious, my head hurt like mad. It was not the typical type of bad headache I got, it was a hundred times worse. It felt like I was being shot in the head. I groaned as I sat up in bed, massaging my head and my eyes barely open. Wait, are my clothes still on?

"No, no, no! Oh, thank god." I lifted the covers to see if my dress was still on. Thankfully, it was still on and I'm surprised I didn't throw up on my dress too. I think I did throw up at one point but oddly not on my dress. But oh gosh, my head hurts like hell. I turned to the desk next to me and saw a cup of water with a note on it.

'Try not to drink too much next time. -D'

I took a sip of water and realized there was a bucket on the ground which was empty. I think that was for me, in case I had to throw up. As I shifted a little, groaning because of the stinging pain in my head, a voice spoke, "Try not to move too much."

"Huh?" Was all that came out from my mouth. I blinked my eyes a few times, rubbing my eyes and realized I was in Douxie's room, again. I rubbed my eyes and asked, "Was I that bad last night?" Douxie was silent for a moment before he replied, "Your friends told me you stripped on the billiards table and was about to go skinny dipping with some guys."

"What the, oh my gosh." I buried my face in my palms.

"Your friends called me to take you home before you stripped a second time." Douxie explained. I can't believe I did things that I would never do, ever. Who knew the effect of drinking too much would have a huge impact on someone.

"Douxie, I am so sorry. I know you had a long shift last night and you had to come get me." I apologized.

"It's okay. I know it is your first time drinking too." Douxie sat on the edge of his bed closest to me as I nodded.

"How should I repay you for helping me last night?" I asked.

"How about having a picnic while watching the sunset next week?" Douxie suggested. My suspicions grew. He wants to have a picnic while watching the sunset? It sounded like he wants to tell me something.

"That sounds like a romantic thing to do, what's going on?" I asked.

"Nothing. Just thought it would be nice for two best friends to watch the sunset together." Douxie replied. "You know, I know of some friends who do that." He continued. I thought about it for a while before agreeing to the picnic.

"Any food in mind you'd like me to make?" I asked.

"Your favourite pastry?" Douxie replied.

"I have a couple you know. But I'll try and make the easier, less time-consuming ones." I explained. "What about you, what are you going to bring?" I asked.

"Some sandwiches and maybe the drinks." Douxie replied. "Feeling any better now?" He asked as I nodded. My head was still stinging but it was not bad as when I woke up.

"You know, I thought I was crazy when I'm drunk but now that title goes to you." Douxie teased as I chuckled.

"What were you like when you were drunk?" I asked.

"It's a really long story but based on what my friends told me, I was pole dancing." Douxie replied. I burst out laughing, asking, "You're joking, right?"

"I swear, I'm not. My band mates have a video of it." Douxie replied.

"Let me see it." I begged.

"I deleted it long ago." Douxie replied as I sulked.

"Dude, why." I whined as Douxie remained silent. Pole dancing? That's weird for a guy to be pole dancing. Never heard of any guys who pole dance.

"I feel like your case is crazier than mine." I said.

"But as of now, I don't go out for a drink." Douxie explained.

"Oh, I hope I didn't snore or anything." I said. Not that I snore loudly when I'm sleeping on a daily basis but just asking cause I heard people do have a tendency to snore loudly when they're drunk. Example, my dad.

"Y/n, I slept in the extra bedroom." Douxie explained. Oh, well, I guess I'll assume he didn't hear anything. As I got out of bed, I stumbled a little as Douxie caught me.

"I swear I'm alright. I should head back now." I said.

"Should I make breakfast for the both of us?" Douxie asked.

"Fine. I guess I could have some instant ramen right now." I replied. "Also, I can walk on my own now thank you." I lightly pushed Douxie away and went to the living room.

~

"Mom, I'm home." I yelled as I entered my house.

"What happened to you? You didn't answer any of my calls last night after you tried calling me. We were so worried about you." Mom grabbed onto my shoulders and bombarded me with many questions.

"If I tell you what happened, promise not to get mad at me." I replied.

"Fine, what happened." Mom went to the living room and sat on the couch while I sat next to her.

"I was invited to a college party last night and might have gone overboard on the alcohol and Douxie brought me back to his apartment when I was knocked out." I explained swiftly. Mom was shocked as she sighed, "Y/n..."

"I'm sorry mom, I really am. It was only one party and after one shot glass, I was addicted to it and started looking for more." I interrupted, a few tears coming out of my eyes as I quickly wiped them away.

"Hey, don't cry. It's your first time meaning you won't do it a second time, right?" Mom consoled as she pulled me close to her.

"No more drinking too much." I promised.