15: When he shows you his hidden talent

Douxie's pov:

"One more song, one more song, one more song!" The crowd chanted as me and the guys huddled up.

"Are you going to perform it?" Noah asked as I nodded. Only my band buddies know this but I can secretly sing too, it's one of my hidden talents from most people I know including y/n.

"Yes. I'll ask to cue the music myself." I replied as I went back on stage and stood in front of the mic.

"This song is dedicated to not just the birthday girl, but for all the girls in the room. But mostly for the birthday girl." I spoke. I then turned to Krel and requested, "Krel, cue the music." As the music started to play, I took a deep breath before starting to unleash my hidden talent to the people who don't know about it.

Just the way you are- Bruno Mars

Oh, oh-oh-oh

Oh-oh-oh-oh

Oh-oh-oh

Oh, her eyes, her eyes

Make the stars look like they're not shinin'

Her hair, her hair

Falls perfectly without her tryin'

She's so beautiful

And I tell her every day

Yeah, I know, I know

When I compliment her, she won't believe me

And it's so, it's so sad to think that she don't see what I see

But every time she asks me, "Do I look okay?" I say

When I see your face (Face, face)

There's not a thing that I would change

'Cause you're amazing (Amazing)

Just the way you are (Are)

And when you smile (Smile, smile)

The whole world stops and stares for a while

'Cause, girl, you're amazing (Amazing)

Just the way you are (Are)

Yeah

Her lips, her lips

I could kiss them all day if she'd let me

Her laugh, her laugh

She hates, but I think it's so sexy

She's so beautiful, and I tell her every day

Oh, you know, you know, you know

I'd never ask you to change

If perfect's what you're searching for

Then just stay the same

So don't even bother askin' if you look okay

You know I'll say

When I see your face (Face, face)

There's not a thing that I would change

'Cause you're amazing (Amazing)

Just the way you are (Are)

And when you smile (Smile, smile)

The whole world stops and stares for a while

'Cause, girl, you're amazing (Amazing)

Just the way you are (Are)

The way you are

The way you are

Girl, you're amazing (Amazing)

Just the way you are (Are)

When I see your face

There's not a thing that I would change

'Cause you're amazing (Amazing)

Just the way you are (Are)

And when you smile

The whole world stops and stares for a while

'Cause, girl, you're amazing

Just the way you are

Yeah

Y/n's pov:

"Oh, her eyes, her eyes. Make the stars look like they're not shinin'" Douxie started to sing? Wait, he can sing but I don't know about it? But honestly speaking, his voice actually sounded heavenly. It sounded like he could be the sub-vocalist of the group. As I continued watching his performance, I realized the song option he picked was like he was dropping hints. The lyrics, 'Her lips, her lips I could kiss them all day if she'd let me. Her laugh, her laugh she hates, but I think it's so sexy'. It sounded like he's trying to tell me something. When his performance ended, everyone cheered for him. I could see his band mates teasing him at the side as I went up to the stage.

"Interesting song choice." I started. "I didn't know you could sing. You never told me that." I continued.

"Well, I would go karaoke with the boys most of the time and-"

"And he sings his heart out." Nathaniel interrupted as I chuckled.

"I see. I thought of asking you out for a karaoke session before but didn't look like a singer. But now I see the other side of you I don't know at all." I spoke.

"I got this for you by the way." Douxie took out a box and handed it to me. "Happy birthday." He smiled. I took the box from him and said, "Thank you. I'll open it with the rest of my gifts."

"Y/n, thank you for inviting us but the three of us have to go." Claire came up to me along with Darci and Mary.

"Thanks for coming. See you around guys." I smiled.

"I hope you like the gift I got you!" Mary exclaimed.

"Of course." I waved to the girls. As the party started to die down, I helped out my friends and my mom to pack up the place. Douxie and his band mates stayed back to help as well to clean up the place.

"How can I ever thank you girls for today?" I asked, turning to my friends from both high school and college.

"Happy birthday again." Paris wished as everyone swarmed in for a group hug. As we separated ways, I looked at the many pictures I took from the photobooth. One with my brother and mother, one with my high school best friends, one with my college best friends, one with the guys in my high school I'm close with, one with the girls from Arcadia Oaks High, one with Ash Dispersal Pattern, two solo pics with Douxie and one with the gang from Arcadia Oaks High. This year was indeed the best birthday I could ever have.