24: When you get sick

Y/n's pov:

One of the many things I hate is being sick. I can't go out and I can't eat any of my favourite food even if I crave them. Worst thing is that I was supposed to go watch the sunset with Douxie but it seems that I have to stay in for a while to recover. We agreed to meet on Saturday to watch the sunset but I got a fever the previous day and wasn't getting better so I had to cancel out meetup without telling him the real reason why I couldn't go. I just didn't want him to be worried about me.

"Remember, take this pill three times after your meals and I'll ask Jim to make something hot for you when I'm gone." Mom told me as I laid in bed, feeling exhausted and restless. I nodded as Jim came into my room.

"I'll bring back some herbal remedies later if I can find any. Right now, I have to go out and cover someone's shift. Take care dear, Jim will be here if you need anything." Mom caressed my face as she bent down to plant a kiss on my forehead before leaving.

"Mom should stay at home when one of us is sick." Jim spoke once mom left.

"I know. But she has to cover someone's shift today and who knows how long she'll be out of the house." I said, sitting up in bed. "I'm sorry you had to cancel your date with Claire today, I know you were looking forward to it." I apologized.

"Taking care of my sister when she's sick is more important." Jim smiled.

"But that's supposed to be me and mom taking care of you, whether we're sick or in good health." I lightly touched Jim's face.

~

Douxie's pov:

"Have a nice day!" I smiled at the last customer who stopped by during the lunch time peak hour as I heaved a sigh of relief. Tonight was going to be an extremely busy night since I'm being called to the bistro to help out with an event.

"Take a break, boy. I heard tonight is going to be a crazy night for you, working at the bistro opposite for an event. Why don't you take a break here before going over to the bistro." My supervisor insisted as I nodded and sat at one of the lounge chairs. I tried to call y/n again but she was not picking up somehow. In the end, I called Jim to ask what was going on.

"Hey Douxie, what's up?" Jim asked.

"I hope I'm not interrupting anything but do you know what happened to y/n? She hasn't read any of my texts since morning." I asked.

"She had a fever since yesterday and is not getting better today." Jim replied. A fever? I thought she had to get something for her friend.

"You can come over to visit if you want." Jim insisted.

"I have another shift at the bistro tonight so maybe I'll swing by tomorrow since I have a day-off." I explained. "Is alright if you send my regards to y/n?" I asked.

"Sure, see you tomorrow." Jim said before hanging up. I had a mission to find some remedies and things she liked or would cheer her up and put them in a little basket for her.

The next day...

"What are you doing?" Archie asked.

"Making a get well soon basket for y/n. She had a fever yesterday which is also the reason why I didn't go out with her to watch the sunset." I replied. In the morning, I went out to get a crotched plushie, keychain and small bouquet for her, along with a basket and some remedies I heard were useful for the sick. I also have an obsession with making paper stars for some reason and bought a bouquet kit online but didn't know what to do with it so I thought maybe I should give it to y/n.