26: When he confesses (His pov)

Douxie's pov:

Today was the day I'm telling y/n how I feel. I've heard from people on the internet, my friends telling me to confess when watching a sunset, so that we'd have our moment remembered easily. When I reached the beach, I watched as many people were having picnics, a group of teenagers playing in the water and the smell of barbeque from a far. My phone rang as I realized it was a call from y/n.

"Hey, I found us a spot already, where are you?" Y/n asked.

"I'm reaching soon, just have to find you now. Oh wait, I found you already." I said after seeing y/n waving at me.

"You have been fully recovered already, right?" I asked.

"Yes, I was already cured on Tuesday." Y/n replied. "What'd you bring buddy?" She asked. Buddy, what's up with the name calling. She has never ever called me that before. It sounded like I was her pet dog or something. Dog owners usually call their dogs buddy. As I sat down and unpacked everything, y/n immediately found something familiar and exclaimed, "You brought matcha latte from the café?"

"It is your favourite. I know you love the drinks at the café anyway." I replied. "I also made some sandwiches. Choose which one you prefer, egg mayonnaise or tuna." I continued.

"Egg mayo has been my favourite." Y/n replied, taking one of the rectangular sandwiches.

"Oh, and I learnt how to make seafood fried rice after finding the easiest recipe on the internet." I reached into the bag I brought and took out a box.

"Woah, it smells good." Y/n commented as I opened the box.

"I tasted it too, it's amazing." I added. I wasn't kidding, I actually made it myself with the help of the recipe. No magic used at all and with a little bit of help from Archie too, explaining the different terms for me.

"Mm, you're right, it does taste good. Not bad for a guitarist to be a chef." She nudged me. "Oh, I also made some macaroons the day I was feeling much better and some cookies." Y/n opened the boxes she laid out earlier. Macaroons, my favourite since I came to Arcadia. I took one of the macaroons and tasted it as my eyes instantly lit up. Y/n chuckled as I noticed a new coloured macaroon I have never seen before.

"What flavour is this?" I asked, holding up a blue macaroon.

"Butterfly pea, a new flavour I wanted to try." Y/n replied. That sounds interesting. "There are other flavours like red velvet, strawberry and vanilla." She continued.

"All these taste so good." I commented. "These must have taken a lot of time to make." I continued.

"And that is a fact. But I have some leftovers at home after giving some to my friends." Y/n said. Donate me some, maybe I'll ask her for more later. As y/n and I watched the sun slowly set, we would talk about our week, take some photos of the sunset and watch the teenagers play in the water.

"This actually is nice, I think we should do this with the gang." Y/n said.

"Yeah, we definitely should." I agreed. We were both silent for a while like what happens to us most of the time when we run out of things to talk. At this point, I was contemplating whether I should confess or not. I know I was supposed to do it today but I don't know when is the right time to do it.

"What are you thinking about?" Y/n asked.

"I- nothing." I quickly shoved the matter aside.

"Come on, you can tell me anything." She begged.

"See, there is a girl that I like but I don't know if she feels the same." I explained, not wanting to reveal it to be her yet.

"Ooh, already having a crush? Aren't you already the ladies' man thanks to your looks and your charm." Y/n teased. She isn't wrong though, girls gush about me when they walk past me.