46: When he surprises you

Douxie's pov:

Weeks after y/n was discharged, Jim contacted me again on when I could come over for dinner without y/n knowing. Fortunately, it was a weekend and I didn't have any shifts that day so I could go over and have dinner with the Lakes. Y/n was running some errands since she now had a huge obsession with making bead bracelets and was out buying more supplies.

"Please, can I come along for dinner at the Lakes." Archie begged. He has never been to y/n's house before and after finding out I going to y/n's house for dinner, he begged me for the whole day which annoyed me.

"Fine, just this once. But you better not say one word or everyone will freak out." I warned.

"Yes, yes, I'm aware of that." Archie rolled his eyes. "Are we going now?" He asked. I sighed and replied, "Come on now." I picked up Archie and placed him on my shoulder as we left the apartment. I parked my motorcycle outside the Lake's house before ringing the doorbell.

"Hey Doux, oh, you brought Archie along." Jim greeted.

"Yeah, he was being cranky before I left so I decided to bring him along." I explained. Jim invited me in as I let Archie roam around the place.

"Still want to learn how to make a paper ring?" I asked.

"Oh, it slipped off my mind, yes please." Jim replied.

"Alright, first of all, do you have any squared origami paper or sticky notes?" I asked.

"I think my sister has some, let me go get it." Jim replied as he went up to get the paper. I guided Jim through the process of making which took a while since it was a little difficult for him.

"There you go, a paper ring for Claire." I spoke.

"This really is cute, thanks Doux." Jim thanked. I smiled and asked, "Anything else I can help with?"

"Nonsense, you're our guest so just relax." Jim replied.

"Hi Jim, oh Douxie, what a surprise. I saw your motorcycle outside." Barbara spoke as she came in.

"Don't tell y/n, he's here to surprise y/n." Jim told her.

"She doesn't know that I'm here to have dinner with you guys." I added.

"Oh, this must be your cat, am I right?" Barbara asked, bending down to stroke the black cat.

"Yes, he was cranky when I wanted to leave so I decided to bring him along." I replied. "I hope you don't mind." I continued.

"No worries, none of us are allergic to furry animals." Barbara smiled. "Jim, call me when dinner is ready." She continued, heading up the stairs. While Jim was making dinner, I was watching television. Then it hit me, I had to actually surprise y/n. I heard a set of keys jangle from the outside as I grabbed Archie and ran up to y/n's room. Since I took a peek at y/n's room the last time, I remembered that y/n's closet was tall enough for me to hide in.

"Can't I just roam outside and not hide in y/n's closet?" Archie asked.

"She can't know you're here or else it won't be a surprise anymore." I replied. "Hush now." I continued, closing the closet door.

Y/n's pov:

"Hey, I'm home." I entered my house as I saw Jim setting the table.

"Just in time, do you mind calling mom? She's in her room." Jim requested. I agreed as I went upstairs and went into mom's room to find her sleeping.

"Mom, dinner is ready." I tapped her. Mom groaned as she slowly sat up in bed.

"Oh, you're back. Come and eat with us." Mom insisted.

"I'll be down in a minute." I replied as I went into my room to put down my things and change into something comfortable. As I opened my closet, I saw someone inside as I screamed before falling to the floor.

"Surprise!" Douxie came out of my closet. What in the world is he doing in my closet?

"What the fu-"

"Shh, watch your language babe." Douxie covered my mouth with his hand. I noticed Archie walking up to me as I shoved Douxie's hand away and asked, "What are you doing here?"

"I had a day off, and Jim wanted me to teach him something so he invited me for dinner." Douxie explained.

"And why's Archie here?" I asked.

"He's being cranky so I brought him along." Douxie replied. "Are you not happy to see me?" He asked.

"Are you kidding me, I'd be more than happy to see you here. But this is unexpected" I replied. Douxie helped me up as I picked out something comfortable to change into.

"By the way, how did you not see my motorcycle up front earlier?" Douxie asked.

"I was on my phone so I guess I didn't see it." I replied. "Wanna stay for a movie after dinner?" I asked.

"Sure, what are we watching?" Douxie asked.

"If I tell you a Disney movie, would you be annoyed?" I asked.

"Of course not, I'll watch anything with you." Douxie replied, patting my head.

"Stop it! I am not your pet!" I growled. He may find it cute to pat my head but I get annoyed by it.

"Aww, someone is mad." Douxie cooed as I rolled my eyes.

~

Currently, Douxie and I were on the couch watching my all-time favourite Disney movie Tangled after dinner. Even though Douxie may not be a huge Disney fan like me, he would still watch my favourite childhood movies together.

"Wait, before we start, I have to get something." I spoke before getting up from the couch to get some snacks, drinks and a huge blanket for us. I draped the blanket over Douxie and I as I laid my head on Douxie's shoulder, cuddling with him. Once the movie was done, I felt someone's weight on me as I looked down to see Douxie asleep on my shoulder. Was Tangled really that boring or was he just tired.

"Babe, babe, the movie has ended." I tried to wake Douxie up but he's knocked out. I removed the blanket covering Douxie and I as I got up slowly and dragged Douxie up to my bed.

"Geez, I didn't know guys taller than me were this heavy." I muttered. After tucking Douxie in my bed, I headed back downstairs to clean up the living room and brushed my teeth before heading back to my room.

"Sorry Arch, your familiar is knocked out cold so he might be camping here tonight." I told Archie.

"It's alright, I can make a bed with your rug here." Archie insisted. "Hope you don't mind." He continued.

"No worries, it's an old rug but it's still comfortable." I said. Archie trotted over to the rug and laid down while I got into my bed.

The next day...

Douxie's pov:

It felt like I slept for hours because the next thing I knew, I was no longer in y/n's living room but in her bed. I turned to see y/n still asleep next to me. She looked so peaceful and her beauty was ethereal.

"Morning beautiful." I smiled, pressing a kiss on her forehead. She felt it as she pulled the covers over herself and mumbled something I couldn't hear.

"You were never this shy in the morning." I commented.

"Well, I am since you're in my bed for the first time." Y/n replied, peeking her head out of the covers. "At least cuddle me a little more, it's too early for a Sunday." She groaned. I pulled her close to me as we continued cuddling for the rest of the morning.