45: When he gets jealous

Jealousy jealousy: Olivia Rodrigo 

Douxie's pov:

Another day, another shift I have to take. Today's shift was a full day shift at the bistro. Once the lunch crowd was gone, all of the service crew members took a break before the dinner crowd came in.

"Bro, you should be careful y/n now." Jayden spoke.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"She's hanging out with another guy right now." Jayden replied. Hanging out with another guy? She hangs out with other guys but not getting romantically involved with them except with me.

"She hangs out with other guys and they're my friends to so what's the big deal?" I asked.

"They both look close." Jayden told me.

"There's no way- what?" I exclaimed after Jayden showed me y/n's recent Instagram story. His hair was surprisingly similar to mine, indigo highlights at the tip of his hair but had forest green eyes.

"I'm not gonna lie he looks like a spitting image of you, except for the eyes." Jayden commented.

"Fuzz buckets, I can't leave to confront her. I have work till 10.30 tonight." I groaned. I have to question y/n about this but I don't want to sound jealous either. Let's just hope that this mystery boy does not go overboard with y/n.

Y/n's pov:

"Right here, here's the bistro I booked for tonight." I pointed. One of my online best friends since elementary school Adam was in town for a vacation and decided to visit me. He was 3 years older than me and loved dancing like me.

"You told me you have a boyfriend, don't you?" Adam asked.

"Yeah, a new one. The old one was a huge red flag." I replied.

"No way girl, spill the tea." Adam gasped. Unlike other guys, he was more of a girly girl but still had the sporty attitude in him since he used to be the basketball captain in his school.

"For two I assume?" The waiter asked once Adam and I entered. I nodded as she showed us to a table and handed a menu.

"What do you recommend here?" Adam asked.

"I like the scallop tomato pasta, the chicken and the seafood fried rice." I replied. After deciding for a while, we decided to order one main, some finger snacks and a dessert for later.

"So, tell me what happened to your previous boyfriend?" Adam asked.

"Ugh, you know, tracking apps, being super clingy to the point I can't get work done. And then my grades started dropping. Oh, and he's protective of me. He tells me what to wear and ask me to change when I show my skin." I explained.

"Girl, that is a huge, massive red flag. But I'm glad you broke up with him long ago." Adam commented.

"First few weeks he stalked me but after a while I found some tough guys in school to protect me until he stops stalking me. I would occasionally run into him because Arcadia is a small town but I always wear disguises." I explained.

"That is smart. Glad that the red flag is out of your life. I saw a new guy on your socials, he's even more handsome than your ex. How'd you meet him." Adam asked.

"Well, my friends signed me up for this music festival and I performed a cover of 'Hey Mama'. While performing, I noticed him, his dashing hazel eyes, his jet-black hair with indigo tips and that's when I had a crush on him." I gushed.

"Dreamy, how does he look like?" Adam asked.

"He actually works here, he's over there." I pointed at Douxie who just came back in after serving someone from outside. Adam turned around to look at him and commented, "Wait, you didn't tell me you were dating an Ash Dispersal Pattern member. He's actually my favourite."