48: When he is being clingy

Y/n's pov:

"How long more until you're done?" Douxie asked. Douxie was in my house after I offered him to cook lunch and right now I was working on another presentation that has to be presented on Monday. The unfortunate part is that my enemy Hudson was in the same group and since I was group leader, he would pester me by pushing most of the work to me and telling me to change the smallest things that I do.

"5 more minutes babe, this is due on Monday and most of my group members are being lazy right now." I replied, tapping on my keyboard. Douxie got up from my bed and wrapped his arms around me.

"You're just going to stand for the whole time I work on my presentation?" I asked.

"Can't you tell I'm trying to get you off your computer." Douxie replied. "Are you obsessed with work or something?" He asked. I couldn't help but chuckle, he just quoted a quote from a recent K-Drama I finished My Demon.

"Did you just quote from the K-Drama 'My Demon'?" I asked.

"Smart, aren't you?" Douxie asked. 

"How'd you even know that drama when you're not a K-Drama person?" I asked. 

"I watched snippets from Tiktok. After the girl got into an accident, the demon was worried about her moving around and when she says she was late for work, he asked 'Who cares about work? Are you obsessed with work or something?'." Douxie explained.

"You should watch the drama, the last two episodes made me cry." I said.

"Cry? Was it really that sad?" Douxie asked.

"I won't spoil much but they did have a happy ending." I replied. "Could you give me some space now, I need to get more water." I tried to stand up. Douxie stood back while I stood up and got my tumbler but he suddenly picked me up as I gasped.

"What are you doing?" I questioned.

"Don't leave me here." Douxie begged.

"I'm only going downstairs." I said.

"I'll bring you down." Douxie insisted as he walked out of my room and carried me downstairs to the kitchen. I refilled my tumbler with my favorite drink before ordering Douxie to take me back to my room.

"Just give me another 5 minutes babe." I said, Douxie setting me down on my chair.

"You said that 2 hours ago." Douxie whined as I chuckled. I mean I did most of the work already and need a little break so maybe I'll let the other lazy bums continue it and I'll finish the presentation up before Monday. I texted my group mates about my plan on letting them continue the project while I took a break for a while. A minute after I sent the message, I got a call from the butt-snack Hudson.

"What now?" I groaned.

"Why aren't you continuing the project?" Hudson asked.

"Seriously? Just because I'm the group leader doesn't mean that I do all of the work. Sometimes I need a break too you know, not like you who just pushes everything to the leader." I argued.

"Me, pushing the work to you? I have contributed a little." Hudson argued.

"Yeah! Only on the design and the font I should use!" I yelled.

"But-"

"Just let me rest for god's sake!" I interrupted before hanging up and slamming my phone on the table. The movement must have startled Douxie as he asked, "What happened?" I cooled down and replied, "Just my group mate being a butt-snack. He's even a bigger butt-snack than Steve."

"Who is this guy?" Douxie asked.

"My enemy in college. When I first entered the college, he has been disturbing and teasing and occasionally flirting me the whole year and is still continuing his childish act." I explained. "Please don't go after him, his father owns at least half the property here in Arcadia." I pleaded.

"Don't worry, you know I'm not the type to go after people." Douxie reassured.

"You sure?" I asked as Douxie nodded.

"So, now what?" Douxie asked. I preferred Douxie's clinginess over my ex's clinginess so I decided to play with him a while.

"Oh, I just remembered that I need to go grocery shopping." I replied and it was true, mom told me I needed to get groceries since I don't know what happened to Jim since he has not been home for days. However, according to Claire and Toby, Jim went into the Darklands alone to fight Gunmar which was the stupidest thing he's done.

"Let's go." Douxie got out of my bed as he dragged me out of my room.

~

Douxie was helping me push the trolley and helped get a part of my shopping list and bought a few groceries for his apartment. I was currently in the fruits section hiding from Douxie for fun after I got the fruits I needed as I watched the confused and worried Douxie look around for me. When he finally caught sight of me, a smile appeared on his face as he immediately pushed the trolley towards me.

"Where did you go babe?" Douxie asked.

"I was just here." I replied. "I was just getting some apples." I continued.

"You're not going anywhere now." Douxie told me, pulling me in between him and the trolley as he placed his hand on top of mine while we continued looking around for the last few groceries we needed.

"By the way, I'm paying for my own groceries." Douxie told me.

"Good, cause my mom only gave me money for my household groceries." I smirked. After paying for our groceries, I called a Grab to take both of us back home. While waiting for the ride, the clinginess comes back as Douxie was hugging me from behind the whole time.

"Babe, calm down, I'm not running off anywhere without you." I patted the side of his cheek.

"I just love you so much." Douxie muttered in my hair, hugging me even tighter. I smiled as I continued letting him embrace me until our ride came. Even in the car, Douxie was clinging onto me like a koala but it looked like the driver didn't mind since he probably has seen couples being clingy in his car before.

"Now that grocery shopping is done, what are you thinking of doing now?" I asked, placing down the groceries once Douxie and I entered my house. A slow dance music played as Douxie took me by the hand, replying, "Dancing with the most gorgeous girl I have ever met."

"In broad daylight?" I questioned.

"Yes." He simply replied.