Chapter 1: A Night of Revelations

Author's POV :

(Year 2022) Siddharth's past

Siddharth sat hunched over his desk in the dimly lit confines of his hostel room, textbooks scattered around him as he fervently studied for upcoming exams.

The sound of laughter and music drifted in from the hallway, signaling the start of another lively night on campus.

"Come on, Siddharth Bhai!"

Rohan's voice interrupted his concentration, accompanied by a persistent knocking on the door.

"You can't stay cooped up in here all night. It's our first year! Let's go out and have some fun!"

Siddharth sighed, shaking his head.

"I'm not really in the mood for a party, Rohan. You go ahead; I'll catch up on my studies."

But Rohan was undeterred, his enthusiasm infectious as he continued to coax Siddharth out of his room.

"You can't be serious! You're missing out on all the fun. Come on, live a little!"

Reluctantly, Siddharth relented, knowing that Rohan wouldn't take no for an answer.

With a resigned sigh, he closed his textbooks and joined Rohan in getting ready for the night ahead.

As they arrived at the party venue, the pulsating beat of music filled the air, mingling with the chatter and laughter of their college friends.

Siddharth tried to lose himself in the festivities, but his heart wasn't in it.

Stepping outside for some fresh air, Siddharth took out his phone and dialed Priya's number, hoping to hear her familiar voice.

But instead, he was met with disappointment as Priya informed him she was busy and would call him later.

Feeling dejected, Siddharth wandered towards his bike, only to freeze in shock at the sight before him.

Two drunken couples were entangled on his bike, their laughter filling the night air.

His heart sinking, Siddharth approached them, only to be met with a sight that shattered his world.

Priya

his girlfriend, was one of the girls, kissing another guy passionately.

Stunned and speechless, Siddharth stood rooted to the spot as Priya's cruel words pierced his heart.

"Let her have her fun, Siddharth,"

Priya sneered, her voice dripping with disdain.

"You're too shy and boring for me. I need someone who can actually satisfy me."

In a daze, he grabbed a nearby water bottle and poured it over Priya, the shock of his actions momentarily silencing her laughter.

But as reality sank in, Siddharth realized the painful truth—he had been used and betrayed by the person he trusted most.

With a heavy heart, he turned away, leaving behind the echoes of laughter and the shattered fragments of his shattered dreams.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alisha's past

Amidst the pulsating rhythms of the party, Alisha found herself lost in a whirlwind of emotions. Her laughter echoed through the crowded room as she danced, her heart overflowing with love and happiness—or so she thought.

But as the night wore on, a chance encounter shattered the illusion of bliss. Hidden in the shadows, Alisha overheard snippets of a conversation between her boyfriend and his friend, words that pierced her heart like daggers.

"She's become so boring and possessive lately," his voice drifted to her ears, laced with contempt. "I can't stand it anymore. And have you seen how much weight she's gained? It's like I'm dating a whale."

His friend chuckled, the sound like a dagger twisting in Alisha's heart. "Well, you know what they say, mate. Plenty of fish in the sea. Time to cast your line and reel in a new catch."

Alisha's world crumbled around her as the harsh reality of her relationship sank in. Tears welled in her eyes as she listened to the cruel words, each syllable a blow to her already fragile heart.

With trembling hands, Alisha reached for her phone, her fingers moving on autopilot as she blocked his number and erased him from her life. Though her heart ached with the pain of betrayal, a flicker of strength ignited within her—a determination to move on from her first love and embrace a brighter future.

As the tears streamed down her cheeks, Alisha made a silent vow to herself—to never again allow anyone to dim the light within her, to never again sacrifice her happiness for the sake of someone else's shallow desires. With newfound resolve, she wiped away her tears and faced the future with courage and determination.

*****************************

Hope you liked the chapter

Take care and thank you❤️