Chapter 40: "she tries to act"

Rohan's POV:

As we all settled into the bus, I couldn't help but notice the tension in the air between Siddhart and Alisha.

Normally, they got along well, but today things felt different. Anyone could tell that something was off, especially with how Siddhart was behaving.

Alisha tried to strike up a conversation with Siddhart, her voice gentle as she asked him if they could talk.

It seemed like she genuinely wanted to understand what was going on with him.

Instead of opening up to her, Siddhart turned his head slightly and responded with a distant expression.

"I'm tired, Alisha," he said, trying to keep his tone neutral. "I just want to sleep and you're disturbing me."

Alisha's face fell at his words. I could see the hurt in her eyes, and it bothered me to see her so upset.

It was clear she hadn't expected Siddhart to respond so coldly. I wanted to step in and tell Siddhart to stop being so harsh, but he seemed determined to ignore her.

"Come on, Sid," I said, hoping to ease the tension. "You don't have to be so cold. Just talk to her."

Siddhart barely acknowledged my attempt to mediate. He brushed off my words as if they were nothing.

It was clear he was set on keeping his distance from Alisha, no matter how she felt.

I watched as Alisha's shoulders slumped slightly, clearly hurt by Siddhart's reaction.

I knew Alisha was trying her best to understand what was going on, but Siddhart wasn't making it easy for her.

The mood on the bus had shifted, and the once lighthearted atmosphere had turned heavy.

I wished Siddhart would let his guard down and be honest with her, but he seemed intent on shutting her out.

I could only hope that Siddhart would come around and realize the impact his words were having on Alisha.

As the bus journey continued, I tried to keep an eye on both of them, ready to step in if things escalated further.

For now, though, all I could do was watch and hope that Siddhart would soften his approach.

As soon as we reached our dorm, Siddhart and I headed inside, our backpacks slung over our shoulders.

He seemed tense and distant, and I could tell he was still bothered by what had happened.

I knew I needed to talk to him about it, so as soon as we settled into our room, I spoke up.

"Sid, you need to talk to her, man," I said, my tone firm but gentle.

"Whatever happened back there, you can't just ignore it. She's your -. You owe her an explanation."

Siddhart let out a frustrated sigh, sitting down heavily on his bed.

"I owe her nothing, Rohan. She's made her choice. She's with Shubham now. Let them be happy."

I could hear the anger and pain in his voice, and it concerned me.

"That's not the point, Sid. You can't just cut her off like that without telling her why. She deserves to know how you feel."

Siddhart shook his head, his jaw clenched.

"Why should I bother, Rohan? She's already made up her mind about him. What good will talking do?"

I sat on the edge of my own bed, facing him.

"You're letting your anger cloud your judgment, Sid. You're hurting her, and you're hurting yourself too. If you care about her at all, you need to clear the air."

Siddhart's expression hardened, and he stood up abruptly. "I don't want to talk about it, Rohan. Just drop it."

"Sid, you can't keep running away from this!" I insisted, my voice rising slightly.

"Talk to her. Tell her how you feel. It's better than letting this fester and ruin whatever you guys had."

Siddhart's eyes flashed with anger as he turned to face me.

"You don't understand, Rohan. You don't know what I've seen. She was with Shubham. Happy.

And then she tries to act like nothing's wrong. How am I supposed to handle that?"

"Sid, I know it's tough, but you can't let one misunderstanding ruin everything. Maybe there's more to the story than you think. Talk to her before making any judgments."

He crossed his arms over his chest, still fuming.

"I don't want to talk to her. It's too late now. She made her choice."

I sighed, realizing that pushing him further right now wouldn't help.

"Alright, Sid. I'll back off for now. But please, think about what I said."

Siddhart remained silent, the tension palpable as he paced the room. I could see the struggle on his face, the pain he was trying to hide.

He was never one to easily open up, but I knew how much Alisha meant to him.

It was obvious he was grappling with the situation and the emotions it stirred within him.

After a few moments of silence, Siddhart spoke, his voice low and strained.

"Rohan, you don't get it. Seeing them together, laughing like that-it was like a punch to the gut. I thought she was different. I thought we had something real."

I nodded, acknowledging his feelings. "I understand, Sid. It must have been hard to see that. But you can't know what's going on in her mind if you don't talk to her."

He looked away, running a hand through his hair.

"What if I tell her how I feel, and it changes nothing? What if she still chooses him?"

I sighed, knowing this fear all too well.

"It's a risk, Sid. But at least you'll have spoken your truth, and you won't be left wondering.

You owe it to yourself and to her to communicate honestly."

Siddhart sat back down on his bed, his shoulders slumping. "I just can't see her the same way anymore, Rohan. I feel like she played me."

I reached out and placed a hand on his shoulder, trying to offer some comfort.

"Maybe there's more to the story than you think. Maybe it was a misunderstanding. At least give her a chance to explain her side."

He shook his head, his expression a mix of frustration and resignation. "I don't know if I can, Rohan. I've been burned too many times."

"Sid, I know you're hurting, but holding it all in isn't going to help. You're better than that.

Talk to her, if not for her sake, then for yours. Clear the air, and you'll know where you both stand."

Siddhart seemed to be mulling over my words, but I could tell he wasn't ready to make a decision just yet.

He was a stubborn guy, and when he made up his mind, it was hard to sway him.

"I'll think about it," he finally said, his voice weary.

"That's all I ask," I replied, giving him a reassuring pat on the back. "Just think about it."

The conversation left a heaviness in the room, but at least I'd planted a seed of thought in Siddhart's mind.

Hopefully, he would take my advice and find a way to talk to Alisha. It was clear he needed closure on the matter, for both his sake and hers.

*****************************
Hope you liked the chapter
Take care ❤️