Chapter 44: "Ab meri baari"

Alisha's POV:

After a month of non-stop studying and exams, today was the day I had been eagerly waiting for-my last exam.

Not only was I relieved that the exams were over, but I was also excited for my date with Shubham later that evening.

He had promised me a surprise outing after my exam, and I was curious to see what he had planned.

As soon as my exam was done, I rushed back to my dorm, eager to prepare for the evening.

I quickly got ready, dressing up in a stylish outfit that I hoped would impress Shubham. Just as I was about to leave the dorm, Nandani walked in.

"Wow, Alishu my baby, you look stunning!" Nandani complimented me with a smile.

"Thanks, Nandu!" I said, trying to contain my excitement.

"So, date tonight with Shubham, huh?" she teased, her eyebrows raised playfully.

"Yeah," I nodded, blushing slightly.

"He said he's taking me somewhere special."

"Sounds fun!" Nandani said, then leaned in closer. "So, are you happy with him? How are things going?"

I thought for a moment. "Things are good, Nandu. He's been really sweet, and I've been enjoying our time together."

"That's great to hear! And If he hurts you I'm there to teach him a lesson you know" she said with a grin.

"Ofc Nandu I know,"

"Prem, Prem se rakhega to aacha hoga uske liye"

I laughed at her playful remark. "Stop it, Nandu!"

She gave me a hug and wished me a good time on my date. As I left the dorm, I was full of anticipation for the evening ahead.

When I reached the boys' hostel, I sent Shubham a message to let him know I had arrived. His reply was quick, promising he'd be there in five minutes.

While I waited for Shubham, my eyes wandered around and landed on Siddhart.

He was already looking at me, and for a moment, our eyes met. My heart skipped a beat, and I didn't know why.

His gaze seemed to hold a mix of emotions that I couldn't quite decipher.

The painful words he had said to me a month ago crossed my mind, and I quickly broke the eye contact.

It had been a month since we last spoke, and whenever we crossed paths, we avoided talking to each other.

Yet, for some reason, I couldn't shake the feeling that there was something unresolved between us.

I often caught glimpses of hurt in his eyes, and I couldn't understand why he had called me a "playgirl."

As I was lost in thought, I noticed Siddhart walking in my direction, making my heart race.

But then he stopped in his tracks, and I felt someone grab my waist from behind. I turned around in surprise, only to see it was Shubham.

"Hey love," he greeted me, his arms still around my waist.

"Hey Shubh," I smiled back at him, relieved to be pulled away from my thoughts.

As I looked back towards where Siddhart had been standing, I realized he was no longer there.

My heart sank a little, unsure of how to process my conflicting emotions.

Nonetheless, I decided to push those thoughts aside and focus on the evening ahead with Shubham.