Chapter 32: uninvited guest

Siddhart's POV:

I lay back on my bed, the cool breeze from the open window gently brushing against my skin. My phone chimed, indicating a message from Alisha.

A smile played on my lips as I opened the notification. "Wanna talk?" it read. I knew instantly that it was time to switch to my other persona, Prem.

I called her on the app, waiting for her to pick up. When she did, I could hear the excitement in her voice.

"Hi, Prem!" Alisha greeted cheerfully.

"Hey, Chandni," I replied smoothly, using her nickname. "How's my favorite girl doing?"

"I'm good," she said, a hint of shyness in her voice. "Just packing for the trip. What about you?"

"Just thinking about you," I responded, my voice full of warmth.

"Oh," she said, a playful lilt in her tone. "Is that so?"

"Of course," I said. "You know I can't stop thinking about you, Chandni. You've been on my mind all day."

She laughed softly. "Yaah yaah sure thing, Prem. Aur batao kya kar rahe ho?"

"Not much, I was just waiting to hear your voice," I teased.

"And now that I have, I'm feeling much better."

She chuckled. "Aacha ji, Are you trying to charm me?"

"Shayd," I admitted with a grin. "Is it working?"

"Shayd Haan," she echoed, clearly enjoying the banter. "You know how to brighten my day, Prem."

"That's what I'm here for," I said sincerely. "Making you smile is my top priority."

"Well, you've definitely succeeded," she said, her voice filled with warmth.

"Thanks for always being there, Prem."

"Anytime, Chandni," I said.

She hesitated for a moment, then asked, "So, what about that surprise you mentioned earlier?"

"That's for me to know and you to find out," I said playfully.

"You'll just have to wait and see, Chandni."

"Come on, give me a hint," she pleaded.

"Sorry, but I'm keeping this one a secret," I teased.

"You'll have to be patient."

She let out an exaggerated sigh, but I could tell she was enjoying the banter.

"Fine, I'll wait. But it better be worth it!"

"It will be," I assured her. "I promise."

We continued chatting, exchanging light-hearted stories and jokes. It was easy to lose track of time when I was talking to My Chandni.

Her laughter and the sound of her voice made everything better.

After a while, we said our goodbyes and ended the call. As I set my phone aside, I felt a sense of contentment wash over me. My connection with Alisha was growing stronger with each conversation, and I couldn't wait to see where it would lead us.

*Next Morning*

The next morning, I woke up early, an unusual occurrence for me. The excitement of our trip had me out of bed with anticipation.