Chapter 3: Name Engraved

Siddhart's Pov:

As night fell, I found myself lost in a whirlwind of thoughts, her face and laughter echoing in my mind like a haunting melody.

I couldn't shake the memory of her kindness, the warmth of her smile seared into my consciousness.

But even as her image danced before me, a sense of unease gnawed at my insides.

I reminded myself sternly that I couldn't afford to trust anyone, not after the betrayals I had endured in the past.

People were unpredictable, capable of kindness one moment and cruelty the next.

It was safer to keep my distance, to guard my heart against the possibility of hurt.

"Come on, Siddharth,"

I muttered to myself, my voice barely above a whisper.

"You know better than to let yourself get swept away by some random act of kindness. You've been down that road before, and it only leads to heartache."

Yet, despite my resolve, I couldn't deny the flutter of excitement that stirred within me at the thought of seeing her again.

Fate seemed to have other plans, for as I navigated the crowded halls of my college the next day, I found myself face to face with her once more.

She was in a hurry, her eyes focused on some unseen destination as she hurried past me, barely sparing me a glance.

"Sorry,"

she muttered, her voice barely audible above the din of the hallway.

I stood rooted to the spot, unable to tear my gaze away from her retreating figure.

It was as if time had frozen, the world around me fading into insignificance as I watched her disappear from view.

As she vanished into the crowd, my eyes fell upon a keychain lying abandoned on the ground.

Picking it up, I saw the name engraved upon it-Alisha.

A smile tugged at the corners of my lips, unbidden and unexpected and I tucked the keychain into my pocket.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you liked the chapter

Take care ❤️