Chapter 21: First Call

Siddhart's POV:

As I sat in the library with Rohan, engrossed in an assignment, my phone suddenly buzzed with a notification.

I glanced at the screen to see a message from Alisha, asking if we could do a voice call.

Instantly, nerves fluttered in my stomach, unsure of how to proceed.

Turning to Rohan, I shared the news with him, seeking his advice.

"She wants to do a voice call," I informed him. Rohan, encouraged me to go for it.

"Why are you nervous?" he teased. "What if she recognizes my voice?" I voiced my concern, to which Rohan reassured me with a grin, "There are many people with the same voice, Bhai."

Though his words eased my worries somewhat, I couldn't shake off the nervousness entirely.

"You're not entirely wrong," I conceded with a chuckle. Rohan, always quick with a playful jab, quipped,

"Since you met her, you've become dumb, seriously! Where's your brain gone?" I rolled my eyes in response, but his teasing helped lighten the mood.

Summoning my courage, I replied to Alisha's message with a tentative yes. With a deep breath, I initiated the call, and after a moment of silence, I could sense her nerves.

Breaking the ice, I greeted her with a simple "hey," hoping to ease the tension.

Alisha: Hi Prem! Thanks for agreeing to the voice call.

Me: Hey Alisha! No problem at all. It's nice to hear your voice.

Alisha: Yeah, it's a bit nerve-wracking, isn't it?

Me: Definitely! But, we're just two people having a conversation, right?

Alisha: True, true. So, what have you been up to today?

Me: just the usual college stuff. Attended some classes, did some studying in the library.

Alisha: Sounds productive. I had a busy day too, but nothing too exciting.

Me: Yeah, sometimes those ordinary days can be a relief, though.

Alisha: Absolutely. So, um, I've been meaning to ask... why haven't you shown me your picture yet?

Me: *pauses* Oh, uh... it's nothing personal, really. I'm just shy you know .

Alisha: That's okay, Prem. I understand. I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable

Me: Thanks, Alisha. I appreciate your understanding.

Alisha: Of course! So, what's the plan for the rest of your day?

Me: Probably just some more studying and maybe hanging out with my brother later. What about you?

Alisha: Same here, just winding down for the evening. Maybe catch up on some reading or binge-watch a show.

Me: Sounds like a solid plan. Well, I won't keep you too long then. Have a great evening, Alisha.

Alisha: You too, Prem. Talk to you soon!

Me: Definitely, Alisha.

After the call with Alisha, I felt a sense of happiness lingering within me as I returned to my work in the library.

Rohan and I later headed back to our dorm and quickly changed into our gym clothes before heading to the gym.

As we were working out, Rohan couldn't resist teasing me about trying to impress Alisha by working on my body.

"Siddhart, I see you're putting in extra effort today. Trying to impress someone, huh?" he chuckled, nudging me playfully.

I rolled my eyes, trying to hide my smile. "Rohan Bhai, I'm just trying to stay healthy," I replied, though I couldn't deny that Alisha's image did motivate me a bit more than usual.

As we continued our workout, a girl approached Rohan, but he politely declined her advances with a humorous twist.

"Sorry, miss. My heart belongs to the gym," he joked, flexing his muscles theatrically, causing both of us to burst into laughter.

 My heart belongs to the gym," he joked, flexing his muscles theatrically, causing both of us to burst into laughter

After our workout, feeling pumped and energized, Rohan suggested we take some pictures to document our progress.

"Siddhart bhai, let's capture this moment of sweat and gains!" Rohan exclaimed, pulling out his phone.

I posed, flexing my muscles playfully. "Sure, why not? It's not every day we look this good after a workout," I joked back.

 "Sure, why not? It's not every day we look this good after a workout," I joked back

We snapped a few photos, laughing and enjoying the camaraderie

We snapped a few photos, laughing and enjoying the camaraderie. It felt good to have a cousin like Rohan to share these moments with.

*****************************
Hope you liked the chapter
Take care ❤️